L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards: (Deadline 31 May 2021)
Applications are open for L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards. Moreover, the 2022 edition of the Awards will designate five outstanding scientific researchers in the field of Life and Environmental Sciences, working in the following regions:
- Africa & the Arab States
- Asia and the Pacific
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- North America
One candidate will be selected for each of the five regions, the determining factor being the place of work for at least 5 years, not the nationality of the candidate. In addition to that, each of the five Laureates will receive an Award of €100,000.
The candidate must:
- Be recognized for her scientific excellence by the international scientific community
- Be actively involved in scientific research
- Work in any field of the Life and Environmental Sciences
The selection criteria of the candidates are the following:
- The candidate’s outstanding contribution to the general advancement of science,
- The impact of the candidate’s research on the current state of the relevant scientific field (number, quality, and impact of publications, conference presentations, patents).
- The recognition of the candidate by peers within her discipline through publications.
- Furthermore, the recognition of the candidate’s commitments to education, teaching activities, mentoring, and/or to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals more broadly.
- Scientists around the world can nominate candidates for the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards.
- To be considered eligible for an Award, it is necessary to be nominated in writing by an eminent scientist.
- Self-nominations are not eligible, nor nominations from immediate family members.
Teams are not eligible for nomination.
Qualified nominators maybe
- Heads of University or Scientific Institutions,
- Members of Academies of Science,
- Holders of Research Chairs,
- Full professors
- Past For Women in Science Award Laureates, or at minimum holders of a Ph.D. in Science.
- Nominations opening date: April 5th 2021
- Nominations closing date: May 31st 2021
- Pre-selection by peer review: early June to early July 2021
- Examination by the Jury: mid-July to early-September 2021
- Jury deliberation meeting: mid-September 2021
- For Women in Science week: March 2022
- For Women in Science Awards Ceremony: March 2022