Phd Scholarships for International Students: Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships in Scotland (Deadline: 17 February 2020)
The University of Edinburgh calls applications for the Global Research Scholarships 2020 in the UK. Interested candidates can apply until 17th February 2020.
- The Global Research Scholarship awards are open to overseas nationals commencing a Ph.D. in any field of study in 2020-2021.
- Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have been applied admission to a full-time on-campus Ph.D. research program of study.
- 30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships will be awarded for session 2020-2021.
- Additionally, each scholarship will cover the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU postgraduate student and that chargeable to an overseas postgraduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
- Also, subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
- Additionally, although candidates with an upper second class honors Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive they should really have a first-class
- Also, a bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
- Furthermore, other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
- Each scholarship covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student.
- However, the awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
- Additionally, the students can receive the awards up to three years subject to satisfactory progress
About the University
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. Also, the university has five main campuses in the city of Edinburgh, with many of the buildings in the historic Old Town belonging to the university.