Application for nominations are open for the Aspen Institute’s New Voices Fellowship 2020.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
About the Award: The Aspen Institute’s New Voices Fellowship is recruiting a total of 25 Fellows for 2020. We are looking for 15 Fellows who are development experts in fields such as food security, global health, development economics, health and human rights, mental health, and climate change. We are also looking for 10 Fellows who are experts working on the frontlines of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
While the fellowship is non-resident and not full-time, it does require a significant and sustained time commitment as fellows write opinion articles, participate in interviews with local and international media, and speak at international conferences. All expenses related to the fellowship are paid, including certain media-related travel costs.
Please note, this is not a fellowship for journalists or others trained and working in communications.
Eligibility: Candidates for the Fellowship are expected to have both a record of significant professional achievement and a desire to share their perspectives on global development with a broader international audience.
Value of Fellowship:
- All expenses for the fellowship
- funds for Fellows to participate in media-related activities and conferences.
Duration of Fellowship: 1 year. The fellowship is non-resident and not full-time. However, there will be two major meetings during the fellowship year, where candidate will be expected to travel and take part in intensive media training. These are usually each about 5 days long. In addition, most fellows estimate spending about 5 hours per week working on fellowship-related activities, including meeting with their mentors, taking part in interviews, and writing opinion pieces.
How to Apply:
- Ask someone to nominate you. This person could be a mentor, supervisor or professor. We ask that this person know you and your work well.
- We will review your nomination. If you pass through the first round, we’ll be in touch with you directly, asking you to submit an application. This application involves two essays and a series of questions.
- Once the New Voices team has reviewed applications, we will ask a small group of finalists to participate in an interview via Skype or phone. From this group, we will choose the final class of Fellows.
Award Provider: Aspen Institute’s New Voices Fellowship
Important Notes: Please note, this is not a fellowship for journalists or others trained and working in communications.