Full scholarship to study in China for Rwandan (Undergardate, Master’s, and PHD) (Deadline: 15 February 2019)
The Higher Education Council (HEC) wishes to inform the general public that through the Bilateral Cooperation between the Government of Rwanda and the Peoples Republic of China, the latter has offered to the Government of Rwanda four (4) undergraduate and eight (8) full scholarships at Master’s or PhD levels full scholarships commencing in academic year 2019-2020.
Interested candidates should submit the following to the Higher Education Council :
- Application letter addressed to the Executive Director of HEC
- Copy of a valid passport or National Identity Card
- Curriculum Vitae
- One (1) passport size photo
- Original-notified certificates and transcripts
- Recommendation letter from two (2) current or former academic staff who taught or supervised the
- A study plan or research proposal (minimum of 200 words for undergraduate, and 500 words and 800 words for Masters and PhD)
- Filled forms for Chinese Government Scholarships and Medical Physical Examination (available on HEC website).
Please note :
- The applicant must be under 25 years of age for undergraduate, 35 for Master’s and 40 for Doctoral
- Candidates applying for this scholarship must have studied in Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related fields.
- Candidates applying for Bachelors should possess at least 70/73 in the 2018 Senior Six National Examinations, or the equivalent for qualifications obtained abroad.
- Masters degree applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree of at least 2nd Class Upper division or A good pass at Masters degree level is required for PhD applicants.
- This scholarship covers all costs of study including: One return international airfare, tuition fees and living allowances (Accommodation and meals). Any other extra expenses that are associated, or which may arise in due course will be covered personally by the successful scholarship beneficiary .
A complete application file should be submitted to the Higher Education Council,Students Loan department,Remera near REB not later than 15/02/2019 at 11 am.
To download advert from school website click on this link https://reb.rw/fileadmin/Announcement/Annoucent%20Scholarship%20China%20intake%202019.pdf