Innovation: the World’s Greatest (Free Online Course): (Deadline Ongoing)
Innovation: the World’s Greatest (Free Online Course)
This course considers innovations throughout history identifying that very few innovative ideas are new; the vast majority take something that is already working and improve it, be it a product, service or process.
You’ll consider the development of an innovation that you are particularly interested in, and, through a short project, produce and share with other learners your interpretation of its history.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss great innovations from history and share ideas with fellow learners.
- Compare your ideas with those of educators and students from the University of Leeds.
- Explore what the term ‘innovation’ means and reflect on how it is interpreted in business and in wider contexts.
- Contribute to the discussion regarding the different types of innovation and think of examples of each.
- Identify examples of the three levels of innovation: incremental, radical and disruptive.
- Evaluate your chosen innovation in light of your understanding of the types and levels of innovation.
- Research and report on the history and development of an innovation of your choice.
- Record and report on the history of your chosen innovation.
- Share and discuss your report on your chosen innovation with fellow learners.