International Compost Awareness Week Poster Contest 2021: (Deadline 2 November 2020)
The International Compost Awareness Week (ICAW) Committee calls application for participation in the 2021 Poster Contest. The contest is open to anyone, 9th grade (age 14) or older, interested in participating in our 19th Annual Poster Contest. The winning poster will be used to promote International Compost Awareness Week, May 2-8, 2021.
This international contest runs from September 1st until November 2nd, 2020, and is open to anyone age 9th grade or older who wishes to share their artistic creativity to promote this year’s theme. The winning poster will serve as the promotional piece, in the United States, for ICAW 2021, May 2 – 8, 2021, (ICAW is celebrated in other countries, some using a different theme). The Compost Foundation invites everyone to join in the fun – whether or not you have celebrated or been involved in ICAW in the past, it wants you to participate this year.
POSTER THEME: Grow, Eat…COMPOST…Repeat
The ICAW 2021 theme is based on the circular movement of the organics recycling process flowing from farm to table to farm again. This circular process turns recycled organic materials into compost which creates healthy soils leading to more nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables, with that waste going back to being composted and the process starts again. Compost adds carbon back into the soil, promotes erosion control, and closes the loop by avoiding the loss of valuable organic resources. From on-farm composting, large-scale commercial composting facilities to community composting and composting in backyards, this amazing resource provides an ecologically responsible option for managing our organic materials. This year’s ICAW 2021 theme, Grow, Eat…COMPOST…Repeat, empowers us to recognize and promote the importance of composting and the use of compost in growing healthier food, supporting healthier soils, and, ultimately, creating a more just and sustainable world.
The winning poster will win the $500 Prize. In addition to that, the winning poster will be used to promote International Compost Awareness Week, May 2-9, 2021.
- Only one entry per person.
- Size is no more than 12” wide X 18” vertical (this is in inches).
- The resolution is 300 dpi in jpg format.
- The poster contains the theme title, Grow, Eat…COMPOST…Repeat.
- Poster contains the words International Compost Awareness Week May 2 – 8, 2021.
- Do not add additional words to your poster. Only the theme and International Compost Awareness Week May 2 – 8, 2021 are allowed. Any changes to those words or additions will automatically eliminate your entry.
- If you have a photograph as part of your poster, please confirm that either you took the photo or you have obtained legal rights to use the photo.
- Marketability of poster to multiple audiences – 10 points.
- Creative and original artwork and idea – 10 points.
- Attractiveness in terms of design and neatness of layout – 10 points.
- Overall Impact, all graphics are related to the topic and make it easier to understand the poster theme – 10 points.