Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2021/2022 (Fully Funded): (Deadline 9 April 2021)
Applications are open for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2021/2022. Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries; for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities.
Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
Moreover, these scholarships are offered under six CSC development themes
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- A citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Furthermore, be available to start your academic studies in the UK, or remotely if required, by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021.
You can apply for more than one taught Master’s course and/or to more than one university through the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme, but you may only accept one offer of a Shared Scholarship. Basically, these scholarships do not cover undergraduate courses, PhD study, or any pre-sessional English language teaching, and are usually tenable for one year only.
You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. Furthermore, the CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
View the full list of eligible courses.