Fully Funded DAAD Scholarships Within East Africa: (Deadline 15 December 2020)
Apply for the Fully Funded DAAD Scholarships Within East Africa. The deadline for the application is 15th December 2020.
DAAD Scholarships Within East Africa is provided to African Students who are willing to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa. The program is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand for academically trained personnel.
Applicants must meet the following DAAD criteria:
- have successfully completed generally a three-year Bachelor’s degree (Master candidates) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division if applicable)
- have successfully completed generally a two-year university Master’s degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division if applicable)
- Likewise, clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- Also, have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Furthermore, must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Sahara African country
- University tuition fees
- Also, research allowance (once a year)
- Likewise, monthly stipend
- travel allowance (in-region only)
- Also, health insurance (in-region only)
- Furthermore, the possibility of a study visit of up to 6 months to Germany within the period of the scholarship.
Duration of Award: The duration of the Master program is generally two years and for PhD program is generally three years (regular period of studies). Please check with the selected host institutions the exact start dates of the program.
Applicants must first apply for the scholarship via the DAAD portal. Applicants are asked to log into the DAAD portal, register themselves and submit a DAAD application. Please refer to the Call for Application 2021 for the specific link to the funding program in the DAAD portal.