The Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme 2021-22: (Deadline 31 March 2021)
The Aga Khan Foundation calls applications for International Scholarship Programme 2021-22. The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies, in order to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN. Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant: 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July.
The Foundation gives priority to requests for Master’s level courses but is willing to consider applications for Ph.D. programs, only in the case of outstanding students who are highly recommended for doctoral studies by their professors and who need a Ph.D. for the fulfillment of their career objectives (academic or research-oriented). Applications for short-term courses are not considered; neither are applications from students who have already started their course of study.
The Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme will bestow the following benefits
- The Foundation assists students with tuition fees and living expenses only.
- The cost of travel is not included in AKF scholarships.
- Funding for Ph.D. programs is only provided for the first two years of study, after which the students are expected to find alternative sources of assistance.
- Financial assistance is provided according to the needs of students, but the ISP must be considered a lender of last resort.
- Applicants are requested to make every effort to obtain funding from other sources as well, so that the amount requested from the Foundation can be reduced to a minimum.
- Preference is given to those who have been able to secure some funding from alternative sources.
The Foundation accepts applications from nationals of the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar and Mozambique. In France, Portugal, UK, USA and Canada, applications are accepted from those who are originally from one of the above-developing countries, are interested in development-related studies and who have no other means of financing their education.
The Foundation only accepts applications of eligible nationals listed above who are residing in one of the countries where there are local Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), or Aga Khan Education Board (AKEB) offices which process applications and interview candidates.