Wageningen University Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP): (Deadline 1 February 2021)
Wageningen University calls applications for Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP). The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) has been initiated by Wageningen University & Research to give talented and motivated students from Africa the opportunity to study in Wageningen. With this programme, Wageningen wants to support capacity building in Africa by attracting excellent students for a 2-years master’s programme. The Africa Scholarship Programme is a scholarship based on invitation. It’s not possible to apply directly for this scholarship.
Wageningen University Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) offers the following
- Travel to and from Wageningen
- Living allowance for 2 years
- Tuition fee
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- Budget to visit one seminar/conference in Europe
- Participation in the ‘Reach your full potential’ programme
- Candidates must be a citizen of an African country.
- Must be an excellent student with a First class honours degree or a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor degree.
- Must have applied for one the master’s programmes of Wageningen University & Research before February 1st, 2021.
In the first half of March 2021, all African students who have been unconditionally admitted to an MSc programme at Wageningen University will be assessed with regard to the Africa Scholarship Programme.
Applicants will need the following for their application
- Bachelor’s degree
- Transcript of academic records
- English language requirements
- Statement of motivation/purpose
- Curriculum Vitae or brief personal history
- February 1st, 2021: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
- March 15th, 2021: Invitation of selected candidates to take part in the further selection process (selection of approx. 60 candidates )
- March 31st, 2021: Deadline of the assignment
- April 12th, 2021: Decision about Skype interviews communicated (approx. 20 candidates will be interviewed)
- April 19th – April 30th, 2021: Skype interviews
- May 14th, 2021: Results of the selection process communicated