Fully funded Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2021 in the United Kingdom: (Deadline 31 January 2021)
Established by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in 2000, the Gates Cambridge Scholarship is one of the largest scholarships endowed to international students. The scholarship supports graduate students outside of the UK to pursue postgraduate studies at Cambridge University. As such, the annual Gates Cambridge Scholarship invites application for the academic session of 2021.
For 2021 entry, Gates Cambridge will offer 80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards are for Ph.D. students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round
Fully Funded Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2021
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate.
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,500 for 12 months at the 2020-21 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for Ph.D. scholars the award is for up to 4 years.
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course.
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2020-21 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties.
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- One year postgraduate course
- Further, the students should demonstrate excellent intellectual ability, leadership capacity, and desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout the world by providing service to their communities and applying their talents and knowledge to improve the lives of others.
- Additionally, meet all the requirements of pursuing a Master’s/Ph.D. program.