Post doctoral Fellowship at Tulane University: (Deadline Ongoing)
Tulane University calls applications for Post doctoral Fellowship in Infant Mental Health Psychology. The position is available in the School of Medicine: Clinical Science Departments: Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences.
A full-time post-doctoral fellow will provide assessment, treatment, psychoeducation, and consultation services to maltreated children under the age of 6 years and their families involved with the child welfare system. The fellow should be able to clinically conceptualize a wide variety of cases involving young children and their caregivers with challenging behaviors, attachment and/or relationship problems, developmental delays, and/or other mental health problems and make appropriate referrals.
A fellow may also carry cases involving older children and their caregivers. The fellow will also provide consultation, supervision, and training to multidisciplinary professionals. Training and supervision will be provided throughout the year. Opportunities for teaching and training may be available.
- Successful completion of an APA-accredited internship by the start of the fellowship.
- PhD or PsyD in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited program.
- Psychological assessment skills
- Interdisciplinary consultation and collaboration skills
- Individual, dyadic and family therapy skills.
- Completion of APA-accredited psychology internship in infant mental health.
- Experience in a clinical setting working with children and adults (e.g., mental health clinic, practicum placement, etc.).
- Ability to provide training to other professionals and students.
- Must have the necessary physical skills to complete consultations and required documentation.
- Competent communication and writing skills.
- Flexibility and ability to organize and manage time independently.
Candidates applying for this Post doctoral Fellowship at Tulane University must apply in Interfolio and provide the following:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts