STUDY IN FINLAND : Master’s Scholarships from University of Oulu for international students, Deadline: 22nd January 2020
Scholarships and Fees
University of Oulu International Scholarships 2020-2021
The University of Oulu International Scholarship Scheme provides scholarships to academically talented international students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu two-year International Master’s programmes or five -year Intercultural Teacher Education programme. The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver covering 50% or 75% of the full tuition fee. Applicants can apply for the tuition scholarship as part of the admissions process. University of Oulu Scholarships do not cover living costs.
University of Oulu offers international scholarships in two different categories:
- 50% Tuition Fee Scholarship for Oulu Business School Programmes
- covers 50% of the tuition fee in a 2-year Master’s Programme in Oulu Business School International Master’s Programmes
- is granted for students who are liable to pay tuition fees and who are admitted in one of the following Oulu Business School International Master’s Programmes:
- Financial and Management Accounting
- International Business Management
- 75% Tuition Fee Scholarship
- covers 75% of the tuition fee in a 2-year Master’s Programme in all international programmes except Oulu Business School international master’s programmes and in a 5 -year Intercultural Teacher Education programme
- is granted for students who are liable to pay tuition fees and who are admitted in a 2-year international master’s programme or 5 -year Intercultural Teacher Education programme
In order to retain the scholarship in the following year of study, a student must have completed 60 ECTS by the end of the previous academic year. If a student does not achieve this requirement during the first year of studies, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee for the second year if they wish to complete their degree programme. An exception to this rule can be made if a student has been granted approved leave from studies (e.g. due to serious illness).
Eligibility Requirements to Apply for International Scholarship
Applicants are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu Scholarship 2020-21, if they meet the admissions criteria and are liable to pay the tuition fee. University of Oulu Scholarship can be received only once. The scholarship application will be processed in the selection procedure only if the applicant meets the admissions criteria.
Application for International Scholarship 2020-21
There is no separate application system for the International Scholarship. Applications for the International Scholarship are submitted together with the application for the preferred study option in Studyinfo portal.
The application period for the University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarships is January 8, 2020 – January 22, 2020 (15.00 GMT +2).
Selection criteria for University of Oulu Scholarship 2020-2021
Admissions and scholarships decisions will be taken at the same time. Those students successful in obtaining an International Scholarship will be notified at the same time as their offer of admission to their International study programme is confirmed. The selection criteria for the University of Oulu Scholarship are based on previous academic performance and academic potential.
Tuition Fees at the University of Oulu for 2020
The fees will concern degree students who start their studies in English-taught Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes on or later than 1st August 2018.
Citizens of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland
Citizens of European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) countries or Switzerland studying in an international Bachelor’s and Master’s Programme at the University of Oulu are not required to pay tuition fees.
Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries
Students who are not citizens of an EU/EEA member state or Switzerland are liable to pay the tuition fee.
Exceptions to this general rule are students who
- are equivalent to an EU citizen (i.e. citizen of Switzerland)
- have a continuous or permanent residence permit card in Finland (type A or P permit)
- have an EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (type P-EU permit)
- are a family member (spouse or child) of an EU/EEA citizen (have a residence card for non-EU family members of EU citizens)
- have an EU blue card in Finland
For more information, please see also Am I required to pay tuition fees? at the StudyInfo.fi site.
The tuition fee has to be paid by 30.4.2020. Failure to pay will result in the cancelling of the student’s acceptance and revoking of the study right.
The tuition fee is an academic fee and thus covers the costs of tuition. The tuition fee does not cover the living costs such as accommodation, meals, and transportation. All students are required to finance their living costs by themselves.
The following fees apply for the academic year 2020-2021. Amounts will vary depending on the International programme and are subject to annual change.