The univerisity of Queensland Australia; TC Beirne School of Law Scholarship for International Students – Postgraduate (Deadline: 30 October 2019)
|Enrolment status||New students|
|Student type||International students|
|Level of study||Postgraduate|
|Scholarship value||25% or 50% of the laws component of your degree program|
|Opening date||10 July 2019|
|Closing date||30 October 2019|
The TC Beirne School of Law at the University of Queensland is offering scholarships for outstanding international students seeking admission into a coursework masters programs in law—the Master of Laws (LLM), the Master of International Law (MIL), and the Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw) or dual degree programs.
This scholarship is offered for students commencing in Semester 1 and Semester 2. Closing date for students commencing in Semester 1 is 30 October. Closing date for students commencing in Semester 2 is 15 May.
These competitive scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students on the basis of academic excellence and interest in a career in law. High achieving students are encouraged to apply. Students who are shortlisted for consideration may be required to participate in a Skype interview. Decisions will be made as soon as possible after the closing date. This is a separate process to your application for a place at the University.
Four scholarships are on offer; two scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fees and two scholarships covering 25% of the tuition fees for courses undertaken towards the Master of Laws (LLM), Master of International Law (MIL) or Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw) programs. The scholarship does not include living expenses, travel expenses, overseas health cover or the Student Services and Amenities fee.
A law degree is not a prerequisite of entry into either the MIL or the MICLaw.
- International students who have applied or are applying for admission into a postgraduate program in law and who have not yet commenced at UQ.
- Students must not simultaneously hold a similar scholarship.
Before you apply
If this scholarship has rules, download and read them before applying.
How to apply
The scholarship application is a separate process to entry for a place at the University so students will need to make a separate application to UQ International Admissions into the LLM, MIL, MICLaw or dual degree programs.
To apply, students must first complete an application for a place at UQ: https://apply.uq.edu.au/
Once you have an existing application with UQ or have received an offer you can apply for a scholarship by submitting the application form, together with the following supporting documentation, to [email protected]:
- Official academic transcript/s
- A personal statement outlining why you want, or have started, a career in law
- Two reference letters
- Evidence of English proficiency (e.g. IELTS)
- Incomplete or late scholarship applications will not be considered.
- The Scholarship Committee will meet as soon as practicable after the closing date and applicants will be notified of the outcome in writing.
- Any offer of a scholarship is made subject to approval of the candidate’s enrolment in an approved law program at The University of Queensland.
- For queries or assistance please contact: [email protected].
Students who are shortlisted for consideration may be required to participate in a Skype interview.