Undergraduate scholarship by PIASSS for Rwandan (Deadline: 30 August 2019)
We are pleased to announce availability of scholarships for 10 well-motivated and competent Rwandan students who would like to pursue the 3-year Honors Bachelor’s degree in Peace-Building and Development from October 2019 at our Huye campus (See the program description attached). Currently, students from Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, the DR Congo, Tanzania, South Sudan, Nigeria, Malawi and Japan are studying in this Bachelor’s degree program whose main aim is to foster a regional network of “peace-builders” across national boundaries.
Successful applicants will receive half (50%) of the tuition fees and annual registration fees (RWF 172,500/year) for years. Accommodation and other living expenses required for studying in Huye as well as fees for internship and dissertation project during the final year (RWF 150,000) must be covered by the student or his/her own sponsor rather than PIASS.
The successful applicants must:
- Be not more than 35 years of age;
- have completed high school education with at least two principal passes or equivalent results; and
- demonstrate a proven track record of engaging in peace and development related activities.
The applicant is required to submit:
- Filled PIASS application form (which can be downloaded from http://www.piass.ac.rw/; Application fees are not required for those who have not been selected.)
- Notarized copy of national examination certificate
- Copies of secondary school transcripts (the last 3 years)
- Copies of other training certificates/diplomas (if any)
- Copy of national ID
- Two passport-size color photographs
- Letter of motivation written in English by the applicant him/herself
- Two recommendation letters in English or French
Application deadline: August 30, 2019
The application should be submitted or mailed to the Office of the Registrar, PIASS
P.O. Box 619, Huye – Rwanda
If you have any question, please forward it to: [email protected]