WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education. Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility includes:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need, and
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Below the age of 32 years.
Please note that we do not fund graduate (masters, MBA or Phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirements.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
Please visit our FAQ page for answers to your questions
List of accepted and not accepted courses. Note that there are NO EXCEPTIONS to the courses listed.
Accepted: Agriculture, Aircraft engineering, Architecture, Bio Medical, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil engineering and urbanism, Computer Science, Construction technology and management, Economics, Electronics Engineering, Engineering Agriculture, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Food Science Technology, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Home Science Nutrition and Dietetics, Industrial Chemistry, IT, Math related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology, Zoology
Not Accepted: Accounting, Agriculture Economics, Anesthesiology, Arts, BA degree, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Business Information Technology, Business Statistics, Catering/Hospitality, Commerce, Community Health, Dentistry and Dental Surgery, Developmental Studies, Diploma, Economics, Education/Teaching, Finance and Operation Research, Financial Management, Gender Studies, Graphics Design, Guidance & Counseling, Health Education, Health Information Management, Health Sciences Management, International Finance, International Relations, Journalism, Law, Library and Information Sciences, Mass Communication, Math Education, Matric, Medical Lab Science, Medicine and Surgery, N2, National Diploma, Nature Conservation, Nursing, Paramedics, Political science, Procurement, Project Management, Psychology, Physiology, Physiotherapy, Prosthetics and Orthotics, Public Administration, Public Health, Real Estate, Recreation and Leisure Management, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Secondary Studies, Secretarial Studies, Social Science, Social Science in Economics, Sociology, Supplies Chain Management, Textile Technology, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Veterinary Medicine, Welding and Fabrication Engineering, Wildlife and Ecotourism Management
HOW TO APPLY
Your application will include the following:
- Application form filled out completely. We will only accept online applications this year. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are a strong criteria in determining candidates who are short listed. Responses to essay where to buy modafinil online reddit questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have you essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- 1. In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- 2. In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
- 3. Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Please complete all sections of the application form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation by the deadline. Application may be completed online. Click Here to Begin your application. or follow this link: http://bit.ly/WAAWFoundationScholarship
Please do not email inquiries until you have reviewed all the requirements above, including the list of accepted and unaccepted course in the FAQ link above.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor. Reference forms should be downloaded from 2019_ScholarshipReferenceLetter and emailed to [email protected]
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed to[email protected], faxed to 1.888.519.4269 or to be mailed to:
WAAW Foundation Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098.
*Scanned copies of original transcripts may be emailed to [email protected].
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us