Fully Funded Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program at Stanford University: (Deadline 14 October 2020)
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program at Stanford University. Each year up to 90 high-achieving students who are independent thinkers, display purposeful leadership, and have a civic mindset will join a diverse cohort of Knight-Hennessy Scholars.
- Join a multidisciplinary community of Stanford graduate students dedicated to tackling the world’s challenges.
- Additionally, experience the King Global Leadership platform of personal development opportunities, with coaching and feedback, and the opportunity to learn from diverse leaders from different walks of life.
- Also, receive full funding for up to three years of your graduate degree program at Stanford, plus a stipend for room and board.
- Likewise, build skills in leadership and communication that will empower you to work across disciplines and to scale creative solutions for complex challenges.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is designed to be open to a broad set of qualified applicants. As such, there are no restrictions based on citizenship, age, the field of study, career aspiration, etc. — nor are applicants required to seek endorsements from institutions.
Beyond eligibility for your graduate program, the eligibility factor is the year you received your undergraduate degree. Please use the guidelines below to determine whether you are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program for autumn 2021 enrollment.
1. Independence of Thought
- Exhibits first-step mental sharpness
- Similarly, seeks out knowledge and new experiences
- Furthermore, full of original ideas
- Also, makes sense of ambiguity
- Likewise, can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view
2. Purposeful Leadership
- Ambitious, in the best sense
- Likewise, driven to improve self
- Able to bring others along
- Similarly, self-aware
- Likewise, persistent and resilient
3. Civic Mindset
- Personally humble and kind
- Similarly, supportive and accountable
- Embraces difference
- Also, concerned for and helpful to others
You must apply separately to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate degree program.
- You must submit all Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials in English via online application.
- Additionally, you can apply using a current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- For reference only, here is a PDF sample of the application for the autumn 2021 intake.