Government of Rwanda – United Arab Emirates (UAE) Scholarships 2021/ 2022: (Deadline 24 December 2020)
The Higher Education Council (HEC) wishes to inform the general public that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has offered to the Government of Rwanda, 10 scholarships at the Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi (SUAD), commencing in the academic year 2021 – 2022 for programs taught in French:
i) Bachelor in Applied Foreign Languages;
ii) Bachelor in Economics and Management;
iii) Bachelor in French Literature;
iv) Bachelor in Geography and Planning;
v) Bachelor in History;
vi) Bachelor in History of Art and Archaeology;
vii) Bachelor in Law;
viii) Double Bachelor in Philosophy and Sociology.
Interested candidates should submit of the following application documents:
Application letter addressed to the Executive Director of HEC
A copy of a valid passport and two recent passport size photos
Transcripts of the last two high school years
A certified copy of High School Diploma or equivalent qualification
Personal statement in French
Language proficiency: French Baccalaureate or B2 level in French language proficiency certificate (DELF or DALF, TCF, SELFEE).
Please note the following:
1. Candidates must have successfully completed:
– Rwanda: high-school in MEG/HEG/HEL/LEG/MEC/LFK combinations with the minimum
score of 70/73 in the Rwanda Advanced Level National Examination of 2019 – 2020
– UAE Curriculum: 80% minimum average in General stream/Art stream, or 75% minimum
average in Advanced stream/Elite stream/Science stream
– French Baccalaureate: 12 out of 20 minimum average
– British curriculum : minimum 5 O-level subjects in addition to either 3 As level subjects or As level subject, with minimum grade C in each subject
– International Baccalaureate: minimum of 28 out of 42 points in 6 subjects with minimum score of 4 out of 7 in each subject (3 of them must be higher-level courses)
– SABIS: minimum average of 70%
– American high-school diploma: minimum average of 80% or minimum GPA of 2.8 out of 4.0
– Other high-school systems: minimum average of 80% for certificates equivalent to the UAE high-school or minimum average of 12 out of 20 for certificates equivalent to French
All students must have completed 12 years of school at the time of graduation.
2. Candidates applying for the Bachelor in Economics must have in addition to the above-mentioned criteria, good grades in Maths in grade 11 and 12.
3. A complete application file should be submitted online via the link: http://mis.hec.gov.rw/systemlogin (new user should first sign up before login and download a user guide for instruction of how to apply).
Application deadline: 24/12/2020.