Wellcome International Master’s Fellowships 2021: (Deadline 24 August 2021)
Applications call for Wellcome International Master’s Fellowships 2021. This scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at Master’s degree level. The host organizations must be in Low- or middle-income countries (apart from India and mainland China)
Funding up to £120,000 will be available. It includes salary, studentship stipend, fees and research expenses. The funding duration will be overall 30 months (12 months taught Master’s course and 18 months research project).
In order to apply for a Wellcome International Master’s Fellowships, candidates must
- Be a national of a low- or middle-income country
- Have proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- Have sponsorship from an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country apart from mainland China.
- Hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject.
- Be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but they must have demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research).
The research proposal should be within the science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country. While considering the application, Wellcome will look at the
- Quality and importance of the research question(s).
- Feasibility of an approach to solving these problems.
- Suitability of a choice of research environments.
- Suitability of the taught Master of Science (MSc) course candidates select – it should take place at a recognised centre of excellence and provide them with training that will complement thir research project.