THE FORTIS FELLOWSHIP For 2nd-year university students around the world : ( Deadline : 26 March 2020 )
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
The Fellowship provides resources to support Fellows throughout their education and prepare them for entry into the Fortis Society upon completion of the Fellowship via an expedited cooptation process. Over three years, the Fellowship provides mentorship from high-level professionals, individualized internship and career advising, leadership training workshops, and access to a worldwide network of exceptional student leaders.
The Fortis Fellowship is awarded to extraordinary 2nd-year university students around the world who embody the values of the Fortis Society.
Fortis Fellows develop one-on-one relationships with high-level professionals in their fields of interest. Fortis Mentors provide personal insight throughout the Fellowship and help Fellows expand their networks. The Fortis Mentorship program is designed to allow each Mentor-Mentee pair to develop a unique and personalized relationship. View our Mentors here.
Internship and Career Advising
Fortis Fellows receive customized internship and career advising routinely during the Fellowship. Advising includes virtual career panels with Fortis Members, original professional development webinars and written guides, strategic assistance in identifying and applying to professional opportunities, and one-on-one support as needed. Fortis Fellows have interned in 30+ countries at companies and institutions such as Google, Facebook, BNP Paribas, the World Health Organization, the Gates Foundation, and many more.
Fellows are taught a rigorous virtual leadership curriculum with emphases on developing their personal leadership styles. Fellows gain transferable skills that help them secure professional and academic opportunities, as well as become stronger leaders on their campuses.
The Fortis Fellowship is available to high-achieving students from humble backgrounds around the world. Applicants must fit the following criteria:
• Currently enrolled in 2nd year of an undergraduate program in any subject
• First from your family to attend university and/or low-income
• Record of academic excellence in university
• Proven leadership abilities through self-started initiatives, or leadership positions on campus or in your community
• Resilience demonstrated by overcoming hardship
• Record of altruistic initiatives
• Competitive candidates also demonstrate: strong ethics, altruism, charisma, and global ambition
Applicants will need to download the following documents and submit them with their application:
• Signed copy of the Fortis Society Honor Pledge
• Fortis Fellowship Resume Template
Applications are open January 6, 2020 to March 26, 2020.