Wells Mountain Foundation Empowerment Through Education Scholarship 2020 for Developing Country Nationals : ( Deadline : 01 March 2020 )
Interested in Becoming a WMI Scholar?
Our Ideal Candidate – A student, male or female, from a country in the developing world who:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2020
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world*
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance
Applications must be received by March 1 of each year to be considered for the following academic year. WMI Scholars are selected through an in-depth multi-step review process. The selected WMI Scholars will be emailed on August 1. Their names will also be published on our website homepage and the WMI Facebook page. Those who are not selected will also be notified after August 1.*Scholars planning to study in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK or Western Europe will not qualify for a WMI Scholarship
Tips for Becoming a Competitive Applicant
- Record all of your service activities (dates, activities, time spent, photographs, etc.)
- Collect your secondary school transcript, national exam results and grading keys to interpret your results
- Request two letters of recommendation on official stationery from two people who know you professionally/personally and can showcase the reasons you deserve this scholarship
- Have all of your documents translated into English
- December 1, 2019 – The 2020 WMI Scholars Program application will be available on our website. Completed 2020 applications will start to be accepted on this date.
- March 1, 2020 – The 2020 WMI Scholars Program application deadline.
WMI Scholars Program 2020
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on application form)
- 2020 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters*
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades**
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades**
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam**
*Recommendation letters vary throughout cultures. We have created Guidelines for Effective Application-Recommendation Letters to assist applicants in seeking letters that will be supportive of their application. Read this document and share it with the individuals who will be writing your letters of support.**Official grading keys must be provided by the school issuing the grades or the government issuing the national exam. Grading keys that are not official will result in your application being disqualified. Contact your secondary school, university, or government for this document.