Writer’s Digest 89th Annual Writing Contest 2020: (Deadline 15 June 2020)
Writer Digest has been shining a spotlight on up and coming writers in all genres through its Annual Writing Contest for more than 80 years. The 89th Annual Writing Competition is a chance to win and have your work be seen by editors and agents! There will be almost 500 winners. The top winning entries of this writing contest will also be on display in the 89th Annual Writer’s Digest Competition Collection.
Further, the Writer’s Digest Competition is open in several categories, whether you are a poet or Scriptwriter, you are eligible to participate. Moreover, the writings in the following categories are eligible for the competition:
- Memoirs/Personal Essay
- Print or Online Article
- Genre Short Story (Mystery, Romance, etc.)
- Mainstream/Literary Short Story
- Rhyming Poetry
- Non-rhyming Poetry
- Script (Stage Play or Television/Movie Script)
- Children’s/Young Adult Fiction
Winner of the Writer Digest Annual Writing Contest Wins
One Grand Prize winner will receive:
- $5,000 in cash
- An interview with the author in Writer’s Digest
- A paid trip to the Writer’s Digest Annual Conference, including a coveted Pitch Slam slot
- A one-year subscription to Writer’s Digest Tutorials
Further, five winners in each category will receive a cash award and discounts from the Writer’s Digest Shop.
- First place -$1,000 cash award and $100 off a purchase.
- Second place -$5000 cash award and $100 off a purchase.
- Third place -$250 cash award and $100 off a purchase.
- Fourth place -$100 cash award and $50 off a purchase.
- Fifth place -$50 cash award and $50 off a purchase.
- The Sixth through Tenth place winners in each category will receive $25 in cash
All top winners will also receive:
- A one-year Writer’s Digest VIP membership,
- The Grand Prize, as well as the 1st place winning piece in each category, will be published in the 88th Annual Writer’s Digest Annual Writing Competition Collection.
- Also, all other top winners will have their names listed in Writer’s Digest, on WritersDigest.com, and in the 88th Annual Writer’s Digest Annual Writing Competition Collection.
Eligible Writings for Annual Writing Competiton
An entrant must submit an original entry in English. Further, the entry must be new and unpublished before. Writer’s Digest retains one-time nonexclusive publication rights to the Grand Prize and First Place winning entries in each category to be published in a Writer’s Digest publication.
Moreover, the articles in personal blogs are considered unpublished while published articles are available in the third-party blogs.
How To Enter the Writer Digest Competition?
Writers may submit their writing online or via regular mail. Offline entries must be accompanied by an Entry Form and the required entry fee.
If candidates are entering more than one manuscript, they may mail all entries in the same envelope and write one check for the total entry fee; however, each manuscript must have its category indicated in the upper left-hand corner
Moreover, the application fee for poetry is $25 for the first entry, adding $20 for each subsequent entries. Likewise, for a manuscript entry, the application fee is $35 for the first entry while adding $30 for subsequent entry