Orthopedic Mechanic at Research for Development (RD Rwanda): (Deadline 12 January 2022)
Project title: Bienfait Project
Location of the project: Karongi District, Western Province
Closing date: January 12, 2022
Research for Development (RD Rwanda) is a non-profit organization (NGO) created in 2017. It is located in Kigali City, Gasabo District, Remera Sector; Nyarutarama Cell, Po Box: 6174 Kigali-Rwanda.
RD Rwanda is engaged in a range of projects and activities in the field of research on disease control and prevention, education; health programs, economic development initiatives, women empowerment, and support for children and adolescents with disabilities.
It is against this background that RD Rwanda has received a fund from 1000 Hügel e.V., Germany to implement the project called “Bienfait Project” which aims to support health care for children and adolescents with disabilities through mobile teams so that they can access diagnosis, treatment, and assistive devices despite their immobility and lack of infrastructure in Karongi District. RD Rwanda wishes to recruit self-motivated and qualified people of high integrity to fill the following position:
3. Orthopedic mechanic (1)
Report to: Physiotherapist
Roles and responsibilities
- Support the mobile team;
- Measure wheelchairs, prostheses, and orthoses for a precise fit;
- Responsible for the supply of assistive devices;
- Preparation of specialized equipment for use in orthopedic surgeries;
- Maintenance of inventory of aids;
- Application and/or removal of casts from patients;
- Repair of aids;
- Perform any other related duties.
- High school diploma in a job description-related subject; having a certificate in manufacturing production is a plus;
- Proven Orthopedic efficiency;
- Completion of Orthopaedic Technician training and certification program;
- Great organizational skills and ability to work in a busy environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required as the incumbent interacts with patients;
- Flexibility and ability to work in very remote areas and remain on the call for emergency situations.
How to apply?
All interested and qualified candidates who fulfill the requirements set here-in should submit an updated résumé, degrees, certificates and a Copy of National Identity accompanied with a cover letter addressed to the Director of Administration and Finance of RD Rwanda in one document to the email address: email@example.com not later than January 12, 2022 at 5:00 pm Kigali time. For further information, please contact Paul Harorimana, Project Administrator, on his mobile phone: 0788457933.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exam/interview.
Director of Administration and Finance
Done in Kigali on January 5, 2022
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.