Production Manager at Kivu Choice Ltd: (Deadline 25 June 2022)
Job Title: Production Manager
Compensation: Commensurate with experience Start date: As soon as possible
About Kivu Choice:
Kivu Choice is the sister company to Victory Farms, the largest fish farm in East Africa, based in Kenya. We launched our Rwandan business in Q4 of 2021 and will have all standing functions up and running this year across Hatchery, Production, Processing, Distribution, and Sales. Over the next 5 years our plan is to scale to become the largest and most sustainable protein producer in the country, producing and distributing over 50 million fish meals per year across Rwanda, DRC, and Burundi.
Kivu Choice is looking for an aspiring Production Manager to join our team and play an integral role in building the country’s premier aquaculture business. As Production Manager you will oversee management of all lake operations on the farm, and you’ll work closely with the heads of the various sections of the business to achieve our ambitious production goals. You will report directly to our Chief Executive Officer and play an integral role as we build out one of the largest hatchery operations in all of Africa.
What we’re looking for:
- The successful candidate is likely to have a good solid background in agricultural/aquacultural sciences and/or general management, preferably with at least a B.Sc. level of education
- 8+ years in farm management with experience managing large teams in a farm environment,
preferably in the aquaculture sector
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed
- Experience working on large-scale commercial fish farms.
- Be willing and ready to relocate to Rural Rwanda
- Open water scuba diving and boating experience
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluent in English
- Liaises with our CEO, CAO, and Finance team to plan and implement budgets
- Ensures that our farm is compliant with regulation and that all processes and equipment are being maintained to our standards
- Coordinates day-to-day operations across our hatchery, nursery, lake production, processing, and cold-chain and distribution functions
- Ensures Feeding, monitoring, counting, sampling, and upholding fish welfare for best growth results.
- Supervises the cage construction, placement, moorings, net maintenance, lake logistics, fish transfers and harvesting operations
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Manages lake operations and grow-out employees including, training, scheduling, motivating and evaluating.
To apply, send your CV and the job title you’re applying for to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.