Program Assistant Professional Intern at IntraHealth: (Deadline 27 April 2022)
Internship Opportunity: Program Assistant Professional Intern
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we have built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The USAID Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi works to improve the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The primary responsibility of the Program Assistant Professional Intern is to support technical teams in managing administrative, financial, and logistical functions of Ingobyi Activity and ensure smooth running of activities in Central Zonal office. The incumbent will report directly to the Zonal Coordinator and work closely with Finance and Operations Team based at the Main Office – Kigali.
The duration of this internship is three (3) months with a possibility of extension for another three (3) months depending on Intern’s performance and availability of funds.
This opportunity aims to give the Intern an opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned from a training institution in a real-world setting. Therefore, the Intern is not entitled to wages or a promise of employment at the completion of the internship period. The activities carried out during the internship must be in conformity with IntraHealth International Rwanda Office’s mission and goals.
- Preparation and follow-up n the approval for TAs for the Central Zonal Office based Technical Team going to the field.
- Liaise with Operations Team to supports the Central Zonal Office based Technical Team’s field activities including vehicle logistics, travel advance requests, hotel booking for staff in the field,
- Processes all financial requests and payments for the assigned activities.
- Processes financial documents including, expense reports, invoices, clearing advances, etc.
- Supports in drafting periodic reports with direction from Technical Teams based at the Central Zonal Office.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence and assists with the development of program materials.
- Organizes meetings and events for the team;
- Responsible for filing all administrative documents for the technical teams based at the Central Zonal office.
- Participates in team meetings, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed.
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
- Applicant must be a recent graduate – graduated within the last two years.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration or related fields is required. An advanced degree in project management will be an added advantage
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year of relevant experience in related field.
- Experience working in a busy office in a reputable NGO or development agency would be an added asset
- The position requires discreet handling of all business and maintenance of confidentiality at all times.
- Experience in office management is required
- Proficient in use of computers and Microsoft Office package
- Excellent in both written and spoken English and French
Knowledge: (functional or technical)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple program activities and set priorities
- Ability to communicate and to confidently engage with senior management
- Trustworthy with a track record of impeccable integrity
- Understanding of health programs and MoH core functions & systems
- A broad variety of administrative, office management and computer skills
- Results oriented and decision making skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines
- Cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence
- Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and writing skills
- High integrity and ability to exercise confidentiality
- Experience in team work and multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to take on extra responsibilities in order to contribute to the goals/objectives of the organization.
How to apply:
The application file containing the following documents should consolidated in one PDF file & submitted to the Chief of Party via email: HR-Rwanda@intrahealth.org with “Program Assistant Professional Intern” in the subject line, no later than April 27, 2022.
- Motivation letter;
- Updated CV which has 3 professional references, including current and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address.
- Notarised academic degrees.
- Copy of medical insurance card.
- Proof of completed assignments if any.
Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and consultancies.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.