Program Manager at Society for Family Health(SFH): (Deadline 26 January 2022)
Society for Family Health (SFH), Rwanda
TITLE: PROGRAM MANAGER (1)
SUPERVISOR: PROGRAMS DIRECTOR
TYPE: FIXED TERM CONTRACT (WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION)
DATE: JANUARY 2022
OPEN FOR: RWANDA NATIONALS ONLY
ABOUT SFH Rwanda
Society for Family Health (SFH), Rwanda is a non-profit organization in Rwanda. It is the largest social marketing organization in Rwanda, with five regional offices across the country. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, SFH provides life-saving products, clinical services, and social and behavior change communications (SBCC) that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. SFH’s core values include a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the national and district level; and a long-term commitment to the people we serve. SFH implements diverse public health interventions in HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, malaria, and maternal and child health including nutrition as well as Health Systems Strengthening. SFH’s activities ranges from product sales and distribution to social and behavior change communication, advocacy, reproductive health research, and community mobilization.
In order to implement the Malaria Control Innovations project funded by Rwanda Biomedical Centre (RBC)/SPIU, SFH Rwanda is hiring a Malaria Innovations Program Manager. S/he reports to the Programs Director.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MALARIA INNOVATIONS PROGRAM MANAGER:
Under the overall supervision of the SFH Rwanda Programs Director, the Program Manager will be responsible of the following:
- Coordination of the Implementation of the Annual Work Plan regarding Malaria control innovations activities in all Provinces and City of Kigali
- Design tools for the Need Assessment for malaria control innovative tools for national-level planning
- Compile and analyze all needs assessment reports on Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS), mosquito repellents, insecticide wall paints, Larviciding and other innovations to guide decision making
- Coordinate distribution of Malaria innovative tools in different provinces.
- Coordinate specific or targeted SBCC activities to increase awareness in the use of innovative tools (example in schools, hotels, public institutions,).
- Coordinate the implementation of drones based and hand applications of BTI in targeted areas, etc.
- Coordinate the Monitoring and Evaluation of Malaria Control Innovations in collaboration with key stakeholders in malaria response in Rwanda to inform planning and decision making
- Ensure that the Malaria Control Innovations Project is implemented to the high technical quality and based on evidence and best practice, and identify necessary improvements and communicate these to the supervisor on time.
- Work with Local NGOs and collaborate with Local leaders to identify needs for malaria control innovative interventions,
- Compile needs assessment reports from different districts for proper planning, etc…
- Collaborate with SFH Leadership and RBC/Malaria Program to ensure Local Leaders, Health Facilities and Communities are fully engaged in Malaria Control innovations
- Participate in different advocacy and Technical Meetings including Malaria TWG to share experience and lessons learnt
- Organize meetings with Local Leaders, Health Facilities Leaders, CHWs, and other relevant stakeholders to improve awareness and implementation of Malaria control innovations
- Coordinate all Provincial Malaria innovations Coordination Officers to design and implement innovative malaria control interventions at all levels
- Compile and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual reports from all provinces
- Prepare and submit on quarterly/annual Technical Reports on Malaria Control Innovations Project
- Ensure close follow-up of implementation of recommendations.
- Document best practices or most significant success stories of the project activities
- Carry out other tasks to support the project efforts as assigned
- Provide administrative support as needed.
Master’s degree in relevant fields: Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Education, Health Care, and Hospital Management, Development Studies, or any Public Health related studies with Project management background as a plus.
- Managerial and leadership skills;
- Strategic thinking with problem-solving skills
- Team working and organization skills in public health related domains
- Working experience of at least 3 years implementing SBCC activities at a management level is mandatory
- Working experience of at least 4 years in Rwanda Health System including working with Health Facilities and Community Health Workers.
- Demonstrated abilities or experience in working with Local Leaders will be an added value.
- Good planning, organizing, and public health communication skills
- Excellent analytical and advocacy skills is desirable
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
- Fluency and writing skills in English or French and Kinyarwanda are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, or similar software
S/he will be outcome oriented, able to manage multiple priorities at a time, and able to keep moving with minimal day-to-day supervision. This highly professional individual will be comfortable speaking and working in public settings.
STATUS: Full-time position.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SENT INCLUDE:
- Application letter;
- Curriculum Vitae (3 referees including at least 2 former employers);
- Copies of degrees;
- Copies of Certificates of Professional qualification and trainings.
All interested applicants who fulfil the required qualifications are advised to submit their application files by email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 16:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SFH Rwanda is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.