Programme component manager (m/f/d) Extractive Resource Governance and Responsible Mineral Supply Chains – Governance at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ): (deadline 1 March 2022)
- Job-ID: V000047517
- Location: Kigali
- Assignment period: 03/01/2022 – 12/31/2022
- Field: Governance
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 01/03/2022
Parts of the Great Lakes Region are still characterised by instability and conflict with the 3TG (tin, tantalum, tungsten, gold) minerals playing a role in the financing of armed groups. The International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) as a regional organisation was founded to address this problem and increase regional cooperation to foster peace and development. Since 2006, German Development Cooperation has been supporting the ICGLR Secretariat based in Bujumbura/Burundi and especially their regional Initiative for the Containment of Illicit Trade in Natural Resources – RINR. GIZ’s contribution focuses on strengthening the competencies of the Conference Secretariat and the ICGLR’s national coordination mechanisms for political coordination and technical support for the implementation of the regional certification mechanism to proof the conflict-free origin of 3TG minerals from the region in order to increase transparency and secure international market access.
- Oversee and manage the implementation of all activities in the field of mineral governance and responsible supply chains in close coordination with the other staff of the component
- Conceptualise, plan and monitor all activities of the component together with the partner organisation
- Establish close working relationship with all cooperation and political partners and support them with strategic advice
- Build and maintain networks and cooperation with international and regional initiatives active in the field of mineral certification of 3TG minerals
- Contribute to knowledge management and support the programme management regarding the positioning and presentation of the project as well as support acquisition processes for new activities
- Overall responsibility for reporting to donors for the activities of the component
- Coordinate with other components to ensure holistic and coordinated approach that makes use of potential synergies
- Manage the components budget in close cooperation with the finance expert
- University degree in economics, political sciences, geosciences or in another subject area relevant for the position
- Several years of relevant professional experience and relevant expertise, preferably gained abroad, in international development cooperation as well as in the areas of extractive minerals governance, natural resources and responsible supply chains
- Several years of professional experience and relevant expertise in project management as well as with procurement and commission management processes
- Several years of professional experience and relevant expertise in advising and cooperating with partner institutions
- Regional experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is an advantage
- High political sensitivity and a confident appearance both in specialist committees and at the highest political level as well as excellent self-management and structured working style
- Excellent communication and strategic thinking skills as well as above-average commitment
- Mastery language skills in German and English (C2) and effective operational proficiency language skills in French (C1)
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Rwanda.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
It may be possible to extend the contract.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
We are happy to help accompanying partners discuss questions about benefits, residence permits and how to find your own job locally – feel free to get in touch with us during your application phase at email@example.com.
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment – in particular also regarding COVID-19.
The willingness to work reciprocally abroad and in Germany is required.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.