Programme Officer at Education Development Trust: (Deadline 19 October 2021)
Job Title: Programme officer
Group: Education Services
Dept/Programme/Service: BLF – Programmes
Reports to: Programme Director
Responsible for: N/A
Usual office base: Kigali
Assist with the coordination of the day-to-day BLF activities of the programme.
- Support in programme planning and design for activities with implementing partners, including contributing to the preparation of budget, programme and work plans
- Support the Programme Director in the maintenance of programme tools including updating them on regular basis.
- Monitoring the implementation of orientations workplans
- Follow up on the payment claims from field by programme beneficiaries
- Provide support and guidance to field team and help in coordination of various field activities
- Ensure timely delivery of the programme materials to field
- Review and approve the payments of Mobile money for BLF beneficiaries
- Maintain and regularly update filing systems for the programme
- Take notes and prepares agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for internal/external meetings,
- Represent programme Director in various forums where necessary
- Take up any other responsibilities assigned by the Programme Director
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in management, education, programme management or any other related fields
- A professional qualification in programme management and/or education is an asset
- At least 5 years experience in programme/projects management and/or coordination
- Experience working with local government authorities
- Strong organizational skills, ability to take initiative and solve problems/deliver results on time Group: Education Services – SSA Page: 2 of 2 Doc Owner: Programme Director Dept: Programs Date of issue: Oct, 2021 Filename: Programme Officer Version: v1.0
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues within and from different organizations and cultures
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Proficiency in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Ability to liaise with line manager to ensure the effective management of workload
- Ability to prioritise workload and deal with multiple requests and work activities at any given time.
Key Competencies for the role:
Key Competency 1
Key Competency 2
Excellence – Creating and Leading Success
Delivering the vision
Integrity – Supporting and Building Trust
Upholding principles and values
Communicating with impact and empathy
Accountability – Delivering and Improving
Delivering commercial outcomes
Collaboration – Engaging and Partnering
Engaging others to achieve goals
Influencing and negotiating
Education Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone who comes into contact with us. We operate a zero-tolerance policy to sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (SEAH). Applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and police checks. Successful candidates will be required to sign a safeguarding declaration to confirm that they will abide by the Trust’s safeguarding policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, Protection from SEAH, and the Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
Education Development Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees through: https://careers.educationdevelopmenttrust.com/vacancies/1431/programme-officer.html
The deadline: October 19, 2021
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.