Programmes and Business Community Manager at Save the Children: (Deadline 21 July 2022)
About the Role:
The Programmes and Business Community Manager will play a crucial role in ensuring that Kumwe Hub achieves its vision of helping children in Rwanda live happy lives thanks to inclusive investment and innovation. The role holder will manage Kumwe Hub’s growing portfolio of business partners. They will ensure that Kumwe Hub understands business partners’ progress and needs, and that these partners are aware of the different services and support rounds that we offer. In addition, they will manage a small team, who are delivering our programmes in Rwanda and other locations in East Africa.
Kumwe (Kinyarwanda for ‘together’) Hub is a social enterprise established and supported by Save the Children in Rwanda. Our aim is to help children live happy lives. We do this by promoting inclusive investment and innovation. We work wherever children need us, whether it be with poor communities in Kigali, or refugee camps, our support and investments go where help is needed most.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in business management, international development or other related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a project management capacity relating to impact investing, working with social enterprises/start-ups or international development.
- Experience of line management.
- Results oriented, with excellent ability to work under pressure. The position requires effective time management, multi-tasking and strong coordination and planning skills.
- Experience supporting strategic planning, programme design and proposal development;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda.
- A conceptual and theoretical understanding of innovation and impact investing particularly with a focus on helping children achieve their rights.
- An existing network of contacts and connections to relevant groups, forums and businesses operating in the start-up eco-system in Kigali.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
Deadline for receiving applications is 21st July 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.