Project Coordinator at Action for Environment Protection and Agriculture Sectors Promotion «APEFA»: (Deadline 15 October 2021)
RECRUITMENT OF A PROJECT COORDINATOR
Action pour la Protection de l’Environnement et la Promotion des Filières Agricoles (APEFA) received a grant from Rwanda Environment Management Authority (REMA) for the implementation of Community capacity building in the areas of livelihoods and agroforestry under Forest Landscape Restoration in the Mayaga Region Project and intend to use portion of this fund for the recruitment of a technical team to support in the implementation of this project.
APEFA is a National Non-Government Organization founded by people concerned by environment degradation and food security in Rwanda. It aims at supporting the country to create resilient agricultural ecosystems and sustainable food security through driving climate-smart practices, implementing sustainable solutions to improve nutrition and food security outcomes, and improving watershed management.
APEFA works to give vulnerable communities the opportunity to lift themselves out of food insecurity and malnutrition. By equipping people with the knowledge and tools they need to feed themselves.
Our strategies seek to build people’s capacities, leadership, and confidence. We train women and men, equipping them with the skills, methods, and knowledge needed to take self-reliant actions to improve their lives and conditions in their communities. We use also the ‘Twigire’ extension model which is a national strategy that decentralizes extension services to the village level (Umudugudu), to empower the agricultural promoters living daily with farmers
The overall objective of this assignment is to build the capacity of communities in managing natural resources, maintaining forests resources while increasing agricultural production. This is aligned with the main objective of the project to strengthen ownership of communities and local civil society organizations in Forest Landscape Restoration in the region of Mayaga. This assignment will help the project’s management team and local administration to sustain the gains of the project. This will build on the long-term experience of Civil Society Organizations in Rwanda in working closely with community.
- Previous Experience working in project related to forest management, environmental management, ecosystem restoration and rehabilitation, green and renewable energy, gender assessments, and biodiversity conservation
- Previous experience in results-based management,
- Previous experience in community mobilization and organization.
- Previous experience in livelihoods subprojects development.
- Strong IT skills (experience in using excel and handling databases in an asset)
- Previous experience in similar work in Rwanda or region
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 7years
- Master’s degree in public and development management, project management, Development Studies, geography, economics, Public policy, Agriculture and rural development; Agricultural economics, social sciences, or related fields
- Having First Degree with experience between 15-20 years in above mentioned subject Strong leadership, managerial coordination skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate the implementation of large multi-stakeholder projects, including financial and technical aspects.
- Ability to effectively manage technical and administrative teams; work with a wide range of stakeholders across various sectors and at all levels, to develop durable partnerships with collaborating agencies.
- Ability to administer budgets, train and work effectively with counterpart staff at all levels and with all groups involved in the project.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise multiple Project Implementation Units in their implementation of technical activities in partnership with a variety of sub-national
- stakeholder groups, including community and Government. Strong drafting, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Strong communication skills, especially in timely and accurate responses to emails.
- Strong knowledge about the political and socio-economic context related to FLR and PA issues in Rwanda, household energy, private sector engagement, biodiversity conservation, and law enforcement at national and district levels.
- Excellent command of English and local language-Kinyarwanda. Operation in French will be an added advantage.
- Possess a driving license
Livelihood Expert will be based in Nyanza District
Application should include an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copy of academic qualifications, three professional references (One or more references must be from a current or former supervisor), their telephone contact and email addresses, by October 15th, 2021, at 4:00 PM.
Please apply to:
Executive Director, APEFA, Rwanda
E-mail your application on: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “Name of Position you applied for” as subject of your email. Only complete applications will be vetted and short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted in relation to the subject.
Done at Kigali, October 07, 2021
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.