Project Coordinator at UNABU: (Deadline 26 June 2022)
JOB DESCRIPTION: PROJECT COORDINATOR
Overview of the Organization
UNABU stands for Umuryango Nyarwanda w’Abagore Bafite Ubumuga, translated into English as the Rwandan Organisation of Women with disabilities. It is a non-governmental organization aiming at promoting gender equality and the removal of various barriers preventing girls and women with disabilities from fully enjoying their human rights and participating in the country’s development. The organization was established in 2004 women with various disabilities and for women with disabilities envisioning a world where “Women with disabilities enjoy equal and equitable opportunities and actively participate in the country’s development. UNABU empowers girls and women with disabilities to become agent of change, to demand their rights and to affirm their dignity as human beings.
NABU seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced Project Coordinator for its Employable Project funded by See You Foundation. The Project Coordinator has the overall responsibility of Coordinating the Employable Project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting the project activities/he will be responsible for overall technical, administrative and managerial aspects of the Project. The Project Coordinator will work in close collaboration with project implementing and technical partners and local authorities to ensure that activities are implemented in a way that contributes to the achievements of project objectives. S/he will also ensure that the project is implemented in full compliance with donor procedures and guidelines. S/he will be responsible for supervision and coaching of project staff and volunteers to ensure the Employable project is effectively implemented.
The Employable Project Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is based in Kigali office with more than 70% working time spent on the field.
- To develop project plans, reports, budget and strategies that will contribute to empower and connect girls and women with disabilities to social and economic opportunities across Bugesera District
- Ensure and strengthen partnerships with local authorities, youth & women empowerment stakeholders, TVET and other employment stakeholders in Bugesera District.
- Ensure that project required reports in the district are timely submitted
- Represent UNABU in relevant technical working groups; organising and/or participating in other high profile events
- Keep up to date with standards of professionalism and UNABU’s expectations concerning personal behaviour and values; at all times acting accordingly
- Coordinate capacity building programs for UNABU’s strategic partners, stakeholders and community mobilization volunteers to ensure they affectively contribute to the significant change in the life of girls and women with disabilities
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to projects staff, partners and community mobilization volunteers on gender and disability inclusion sensitivity and approaches
- Ensure EmployAble project budgets are wisely managed to achieve the project outcome
- Lead the project field staff and community facilitators in a manner that empowers them to deliver high standards of work and to maximise beneficial outcomes for EmployAble Project
- Monitoring and reviewing performance plans and appraisals for staff and community volunteers
- Coordinate the project team to carry out reflection session on the projects implementation, documentation of projects impact, lessons learnt and life stories
- Perform any other task reasonably assigned by the supervisor for the success functioning of the organization
Requirements for the position
- Minimum Bachelor degree in the following fields: Projects management, Psychology, social sciences (sociology, social work),education, gender and development studies,
Job related experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in similar position or any other senior managerial position preferably working with NGOs
- Demonstrated strategic understanding of effective approach for better community engagement and empowerment of vulnerable groups for sustainable change
- Proven experience in human rights, disability, jobs creation, working with local government structures gender based violence and social economic empowerment programs for vulnerable groups would be an asset
- Basic experience in finance management, capacity building delivery and training manual development
- Proven experience working in the community with vulnerable groups, Financial literacy and business skills development
Technical skills and Competencies:
- Good Computer literacy: Microsoft word, spreadsheet, power point, Internet
- Disability and gender responsiveness
- Adaptive to change management
- Effective communication, report writing and facilitation in English and Kinyarwanda
- Knowledge Management & Learning
- Working in Partnership
- Networking and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Capacity to maintain excellent working relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrate diplomacy, self-confidence, leadership and patience
- Excellent time management and personal organization;
Persons with disabilities specifically girls and women are encouraged to apply and indicate their types of disability in their motivation letter as well as accessibility needs for reasonable accommodation purpose
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates are requested to send their 3 pages maximum CV along with your education and former employers certificates, cover letter stating why you are the best candidate for this position, and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th June 2022 . Late applications will not be considered and only selected candidates will be contacted for the next steps
Done at Kigali
On 17th June 2022
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.