Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022 | Fully Funded: (Deadline 30 June 2022)
Submit entries for the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022. The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition is the world’s oldest international writing competition for schools, established in 1883. With thousands of young people taking part every year, it is an important way to recognise achievement, elevate youth voices and develop key skills through creative writing.
In 2022, on the occasion of her Platinum Jubilee year, Her Majesty The Queen will celebrate 70 years as Head of the Commonwealth. The Queen’s seven decades of service to the Commonwealth are an inspiring example of the steadfast commitment and important contribution we can all make to our societies. The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022 will ask entrants to explore the positive impact that can be achieved through dedication and selfless commitment to our Commonwealth.
- Imagine you are a Head of Government delivering a speech to your counterparts at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in Rwanda. Write a speech that highlights what you believe should be a priority for collective action within the Commonwealth.
- Committed to the Commonwealth.
- Her Majesty The Queen was born in the twentieth century, a period that saw enormous social change driven by visionary and committed leaders. Reflect on an inspirational leader from this period.
- “Whilst experiences of the last year have been different across the Commonwealth, stirring examples of courage, commitment and selfless dedication to duty have been demonstrated in every Commonwealth nation and territory, notably by those working on the frontline who have been delivering healthcare and other public services in their communities.” – Her Majesty The Queen, Commonwealth Day Message 2021. Imagine you are working on the frontline. Write about your experience, explaining why you serve your community and why your service matters.
- Imagine you are a grandparent in 2022. Tell your grandchildren a bedtime story about an inspirational person.
- What are the best ways for young people to serve the Commonwealth in your view?
- Our Commonwealth community.
- Write a job description for a superhero needed to solve a problem in your community.
Prizes from Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition
- The top two winners from each category will be awarded with a trip to London for a week of educational. And cultural events, culminating in a special Awards Ceremony at a royal palace.
- All successful entries will receive a Certificate of Participation and a number of entrants will receive Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards for excellence in writing.
Eligibility for Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition
- Applicants to the Senior Category should be born between July 1, 2003 and June 30, 2008 (14-18 years of age);
- The maximum word count for the Senior Category is 1,500 words.
- Applicants to the Junior Category should be born on or after July 1, 2008 (under 14 years of age).
- The word count for the Junior Category is 750 words.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.