Recruitment of Public Relations and Communication Expert at Institute of Policy Analysis and Research (IPAR): (Deadline 12 July 2022)
TERMS OF REFERENCE TO RECRUIT A PUBLIC RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATION EXPERT
The Institute of Policy analysis and Research (IPAR –Rwanda) is a fast growing indigenous, independent, not-for-profit Rwandan think tank. IPAR seeks to enhance evidence based policy making by conducting timely, relevant, high-quality, policy-oriented analysis and research. It also promotes a culture of debate and dialogue on policy issues in Rwanda.
In order to meet the increasing expectations from its stakeholders, IPAR is seeking to recruit an experienced Public Relations and Communication Expert.
- Ambitious professional with a Maters’ degree of Communication;
- At least 4 years of experience in public relations; customer relationships or similar roles from a reputable organization
- Experience with drafting speeches for the leadership team of an institution;
- Experience with coordinating high-level events;
- Experience with coordinating outreach activities;
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience producing documents for external audiences, such as feature articles, or blogs;
- Experience managing relationships with external stakeholders and partners, e.g. government officials;
- Experience with drafting MoUs and concept notes;
- Ability to apply technical problem-solving techniques;
- Objectives of the Assignment
- To promote a positive image of the Client;
- To build the Client’s reputation through the media;
- To provide support to researchers while preparing articles for the media;
- To advise and implement pre and post publicity plan for specific occasions/ events/ policy reforms through the media, website and social media
- To advise on the content to publish on the Client’s website and social media and proof reading and editing.
- Outline of the work
Scope of Work
- The Expert, will support IPAR in events, Publication, branding and communications.
- Development, editing and publishing of the content of strategic policy information materials for policy engagement /capacity building purposes, including press releases, policy briefs, press kits, information packages for policy engagements and communication as agreed by IPAR’s management
- Media advocacy strategies and its implementation including liaising with media to communicate key messages including events and press conferences to defined target audiences
- Liaising with IPAR Management to establish a forum for media houses that can help in policy engagements and organize an annual breakfast meeting involving high level influential policy makers with editors of media houses for the purpose of promoting IPAR’s research agenda
- Updating Website with current information on the work of the Client
- Effectively monitoring and evaluating various communications tools and activities, to measure the impact on achieving the overall objectives;
- Identifying and collate a database of local, regional and international media outlets and build links with them to enhance advocacy, outreach and strategic communications of the Client;
- Implementing IPAR Communications Strategy
- Managing and updating IPAR’s social media platforms( Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube)
- Live updating social media platforms( Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) of the Client during events
- Produce a documentary video on IPAR’s work
- Initiate and supervise branding of IPAR’s offices, Staff, events and other promotional items
- Work with IPAR’s design and printing services suppliers to ensure better design and printing of IPAR communication and promotional materials, reports and research publications
- Advising IPAR on all matters related to Public Relations and Communication
The Expert will be expected to deliver these services in the context of the Terms of Reference in a timely manner. The Expert will be expected to deliver the following items during and at the end of the period of the project:
- Advisory services to IPAR’s management and communications office, on the development and/or improvement of the communications and policy engagements of their work plan, development and production of public policy materials
- Documentary video on IPAR’s work
- IPAR’s first brand manual and guidelines
- Updated IPAR Promotional materials
- Upgraded IPAR website
The Expert will report to the Executive Director.
- How to apply?
Should you have any further questions please send e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org with “Public Relations and Communication expert” in the subject line.
Done at Kigali, 21/06/2022
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.