Regional Data Quality Field Officer at Chemonics International Inc: (Deadline 12 October 2021)
Scope of Work
Regional Data quality field officer
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program– Procurement and Supply Management project
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Rwanda seeks to recruit a Regional Data quality field Officer.
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The purpose of the GHSC-PSM project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and the USAID Office of Population and Reproductive Health (PRH). In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
The Regional Data quality field Officer will be responsible for monitoring the quality of data in the electronic Logistic Management System (eLMIS) and perform data triangulation to inform pharmaceuticals supply chain decision making. S/he will examine eLMIS with the Health Management Information System (HMIS) data to optimize the efficiency and quality of the data being reported, will work closely with the Rwanda Medical Supply Limited (RMS Ltd) Headquarter (HQ) and 30 branches to build the capacity of health facilities in quality data reporting and resolving data quality-related problems. S/he will also enforce data use at RMS branches and health facilities for decision-making.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Weekly monitoring of eLMIS use in terms of inventory management and warehouse transactions at all supply chain levels.
- Work with RMS branches data managers to conduct monthly eLMIS – HMIS data triangulation, share findings with RMS branches, and ensure that the reports are disseminated to the relevant authority at health facility and district level.
- Work closely with the Regional warehouse manager at RMS HQ and coordinate with the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management Specialist at the Ministry of Health (MOH) to develop standards operating procedure for data quality check at RMS branches and health facilities and develop the terms of reference for a data quality check team at health facilities.
- In collaboration with the data managers at RMS branches, build the capacity of the data quality team in monitoring and reporting on data quality.
- Conduct targeted supportive supervision to RMS branches and health facilities to track key supply chain performance indicators and provide constructive feedback for the areas of improvement.
- Work closely with RMS branches to organize and conduct supply chain Quality Management Improvement Approach (QMIA) through supportive supervision to health facilities and sessions to share supervision findings and address recommendations
- Monitor the implementation of the scaling up of HIV treatment strategies within the supply chain including scale-up of Multi Month Dispensing (MMD), Pediatric ART regimens optimization, scaleup of Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), and TB Preventive Therapy (TPT).
- In collaboration with RMS branches, build the capacity of health posts in the use of eLMIS to manage health products.
- Conduct quarterly Data Quality Assessment to highlight data quality elements such as accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
- Act as intermediary between central level and RMS branches to respond to any data related query.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in health informatics, supply chain management, pharmacy, or equivalent.
- Experience managing pharmaceuticals products data.
- Experience using inventory tracking systems and information systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Skilled in monitoring and evaluation of health programs.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis and reporting.
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and results-driven.
Level of Effort and Location
This one-year contract position will be based in one of the RMS branches offices located in several districts, with intermittent travel to other branches within the province (s) and GHSC-PSM and RMS Ltd HQ offices.
The Regional Data quality field Officer will report to the Monitoring Evaluation Advisor at GHSC-PSM and the Regional Warehouse Manager at RMS Ltd HQ.
Application should include an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copy of academic qualifications, three professional references (One or more references must be from a current or former supervisor), their telephone contact, and email addresses, by October 12th, 2021, at 5:30 PM.
Please apply to:
The Country Director, GHSC-PSM Project, Rwanda
E-mail your application on: email@example.com and mention “The Regional Data quality field Officer Application” as subject of your email. Only complete applications will be vetted, and short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted in relation to the subject.
Done at Kigali, October 05, 2021
Country Director, GHSC-PSM Project in Rwanda
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.