Research Assistant at Partners In Health (PIH):(Deadline 17 November 2021)
Job Title: Research Assistant
Reports to: Chair, Center for Gender Equity, University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Fixed Term Contract: 6 months
Location: Kigali, Rwanda; and as required with field trips to Butaro
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new kind of university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The Center for Gender Equity at University of Global Health Equity was launched in 2020 and is responsible for mainstreaming of gender in UGHE’s academic, research, community engagement and organizational development activities. The Center is also responsible for directing a Gender and Social Justice Course for UGHE’s Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Surgery program (MBBS), as well as other long- and short-term trainings on gender and global health issues including the Master of Global Health Delivery (MGHD) program.
The Research Assistant will provide research support to the Center for Gender Equity. S/he will be involved in various research projects pertaining to gender and sexual and reproductive health. This position is an opportunity for the Research Assistant to develop his/her research skills. The ideal candidate for this position is highly self-motivated and passionate about research and education, with superior attention to detail and organizational skills. S/he will work across all research engagements at the center and must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, resourceful, and proactive.
- Data collection, conducting qualitative and/or quantitative analyses, including data management
- Writing project deliverables, such as research proposals, reports, and publications
- Preparing PowerPoint slides, report and poster presentations as required
- Conduct literature searches and reviews and support with ethics review submissions
- Support resource mobilization for the Center for Gender Equity including preparing research grant applications to external funding sources, coordinating reporting to external funders, and managing financial approvals and other financial processes
- Any other tasks as designated by the supervisor
- BA, MA or MSc in Gender Studies, Public Health, Global Health or health related programs
- Demonstrated research experience – minimum of 2 years
- Expertise in research methods and practical knowledge of research implementation
- Familiarity with qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis and related software, including SPSS, Nvivo and others
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Drive
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects with high attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and manage competing priorities
- Knowledge of gender, sexual and reproductive health, health sciences and/or global health content preferred
- Experience working in a higher education environment preferred
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to effectively collaborate with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Preference is given to candidates with Kinyarwanda knowledge
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.