Rwanda: Internship in Event Coordination and Management at GGGI – Global Green Growth Institute: (Deadline 11 July 2022)
Rwanda: Internship in Event Coordination and Management
The Global Green Growth Institute internship program (called “Grow Green” Program) provides a unique learning opportunity for students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds. The program is designed for talented and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to GGGI’s operations. The program allows selected candidates to gain insight into the work of the Institute and provide assistance and training in various professional fields in a multicultural environment. We encourage qualified women and men, in particular, nationals of developing countries, with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.
We are looking for a talented individual to work with us in the Rwanda Country Programme to support the Waste to Resources project in event coordination and management. The intern will be engaged in all aspects of event preparation and will encouraged to provide input in the development of a strategy to maximize the use of resources in preparation for the World Circular Economy Forum 2022 to be held in Kigali in December 2022 as well as other events organized by the Rwanda Country team.
The assignment will include the followings but not limited to:
- Provide input in the ideation phase of GGGI’s activities and contributions to the World Circular Economy Forum 2022.
- Engage with Government of Rwanda stakeholders, international participants, vendors, venues, and GGGI staff.
The duration of the internship will be for six months and will support the preparation in all aspects of event coordination and management. The intern will serve as an integral member of the team and will be expected to manage multiple tasks effectively. The intern will have a background in communications, marketing, administration, or other areas of expertise that facilitate event management.
Applicants to the GGGI internship program must at the time of application meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s (final year), Master’s or PhD program prior to internship assignment, or a recent graduate within the last 12 months.
- Be engaged or recently engaged in academic study in a field directly related to the Institute’s work
- Possess an excellent command of English and Kinyarwanda.
- Interest in event management, finance, communications, marketing, international business, or relevant field.
- Past experience supporting the organization of events is preferred.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- GGGI evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and experience (if any); and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work.
- Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Duration: The internship program is for at least three months and up to six months. Once selected, interns must begin your internship either prior to or within 12 months of graduation.
- Stipend: GGGI interns receive a monthly stipend of USD $500 per month (unless agreed to be funded by sponsoring institutions). All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns themselves or sponsoring institutions.
- Visa: GGGI will provide a supporting letter for visa. Interns will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- Travel: Intern will arrange and finance their travel to the internship location.
- Medical Insurance: Interns must present proof of valid medical insurance to GGGI upon returning the signed internship contract.
- Confidentiality: Interns must keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: Interns may get academic credit from their institution of higher education for the internship. Interns need to check with their university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
- Working Hours: interns are expected to work during normal working hours. Leave should be pre-approved by the Intern Manager, and the latter should inform the Office of HR accordingly.
- Learning Outcomes: before completion of the internship, Intern Managers are expected to review the learning outcomes with the intern.
- Certificate: provided upon successful completion of the internship, upon request.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.