SAS POETRY Contest 2021-2022: (Deadline 16 October 2021)
Apply for SAS POETRY Contest 2021-2022. This contest would not be possible without a generous grant from Scovern Law Firm, The John Burton Harter Foundation, and the printing sponsor The Commonality Institute.
SAS POETRY Contest 2021-2022 has the following prizes
- One grand prize of $500 and two second place prizes of $100 will be awarded.
- A list of the top ten finalists will be posted on our website and in our e-newsletter.
- Finalists will be published in the Saints and Sinners Poetry Chapbook to be distributed at a special reading at the 2022 Festival.
- The contest is open to all LGBTQ+ writers.
- Authors who have published in other genres are eligible.
- Please submit original, unpublished work that has not won other prizes or contests.
- Submit 2-4 original, unpublished poems of any style based on our theme of RAIN, written in
- English, with a combined length of up to 400 lines.
- Number all pages in your entry.
- Please use standard fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Georgia in 12 point font size.
- Author’s name must not appear on the submission as all entries are judged anonymously.
- Multiple entries per person and simultaneous submissions accepted. Please notify the Festival if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- The mission of the TWFest and SASFest Writing Contest is to promote new work from emerging artists.
- TWFest & SASFest are 501c3 nonprofit status.
- The program welcomes submissions from around the world.
- Submissions must be original work and not published in any way.
- Please view the individual contest guidelines carefully to avoid disqualification.