Self-Help Group Approach Assistant National Coordinator at Kindernothilfe: (Deadline 24 May 2022)
Self-Help Group Approach Assistant National Coordinator
Kindernothilfe e.V, which stands for ‘help for children in need’, is a German non-governmental child-aid organization which supports more than 2.1 million children and young people in 36 countries in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America. In Rwanda, Kindernothilfe (KNH) has been working in cooperation with local organizations in promotion of the Self-Help Group Approach (SHGA) since 2002. Presently two KNH partners are implementing the SHGA in 17 Districts. The SHGA program currently reaches out to over 207,020 children and 164,148 women who are members of 3,461Self-Help Groups.
The SHGA is a successful instrument that enhances the improvement of living conditions of children and their families in a sustainable way. It empowers the most vulnerable women and children within a community to attain adequate sustainable economic and social living conditions as well as facilitating political participation by unleashing and developing individual potentials of members and groups and linking them to existing or new networks. The SHGA tackles the structural causes of poverty by empowering women to increase family income, to address social concerns at household and community levels, and to give impetus for political change.
The Self- Help Group Approach Program is coordinated by the National Coordination Office (NCO), consisting of the Self-Help Group National Coordinator (NC) and his/her Assistant National Coordinator (ANC). The NC is responsible for the overall coordination, assigned to follow up and enrich the SHGA Program and is therefore the focal person in Rwanda. The NCO is charged with the duty of developing the capacity of the promoting organizations, documenting and forwarding the learning to the involved stakeholders and scaling-up the SHGA in Rwanda.
RUMA Consult Ltd who are hosting the Program in Rwanda (on behalf of KNH) together with Kindernothilfe e.V. are seeking for a highly motivated and competent individual to take up the position of the SHGA ASSISTANT NATIONAL CO-ORDINATOR.
Position: Self-Help Group Approach Assistant National Coordinator
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 24th May, 2022
Location: Kigali with frequent upcountry travels
Contract: Renewal annually after 3 months’ probation, based on performance.
The employment contract for the successful candidate shall be with RUMA Consult Ltd.
The overall responsibility is to assist in provision of over sight and coordination of SHGA activities, quality control as well as SHGA contextualization in the country in collaboration with the SHGA National Coordinator.
- Participate in preparation of periodic planning and budgets development for National Coordination Office (NCO).
- Assist in appraisal of project proposals and budgets for partners with SHG components and partners under pure SHGA promotion.
- Contribute to the continuous process of planning for expansion among the partners and Peoples Institutions.
- Convene planning and consultative meetings for promoting organizations in consultation with the SHGA National Coordinator.
- Support the NC in organizing different training inputs and field visits, such as experience sharing, workshops and trainings for the Promoting Organizations (PromOrg) and People’s Institutions (PIs) in both SHGA concept and non- concept related modules.
- Support actively and participate in organizing and facilitating Directors, Project Officers and Community Facilitators (CFs) during periodic meetings in close collaboration with the NC.
- Assist the NC in developing the In-Country Resource Persons (ICRP) i.e., Trainers of trainers, Federation Strengthening Team (FST) for capacity development and monitoring.
- Continuously assist in assessing the capacity development needs of the Promoting Organizations and People’s Institutions.
- Participate in conducting monitoring visits to the Promoting Organizations and People’s Institutions within the country and provide feedback accordingly.
- Prepare work plans and the different reports required (both activity and periodic) in consultation with the National Coordinator and share accordingly.
- Support the NC in reviewing and assessing the work plans, budgets and reports submitted by the promoting organizations.
- Support the NC in raising the awareness on the approach and lobbying the government agencies and non- state actors for creation of good working environment for SHGA operation.
- Contribute to build and maintain effective working relationships with the promoting organizations, PIs, donors, governmental and non-state actors.
- Ensure that rights of children are promoted, secured and safeguarded at all times.
- Attend African SHGA Assistant/National Coordinators meetings organized by KNH.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
The minimum required academic and professional skills for the job holder include the following;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Community Development or other related Social Sciences
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in managing community development programs with state or non -state organizations.
- Proven experience in:
- working with rights-based approaches;
- working with children and strong commitment to children’s rights;
- facilitating participatory processes, such as PRA, in communities; and
- facilitating budgeting and budget control.
- Gender inclusivity and belief in contribution of women in development.
- Passion in uplifting the poor and the vulnerable members of the society.
- Strong co-ordination and organizational skills.
- Excellent monitoring, analytical, documentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong networking and partnership building skills.
- Openness to learn new approaches and willingness to learn and unlearn.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and Outlook.
- A good team-player, self-driven, capable of meeting deadlines and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively with local communities.
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
- A valid Driver’s License with at least 3 years’ experience.
Travel regularly and extensively to upcountry districts as well as occasionally to outside the Country.
Work sometimes beyond the usual working hours.
How to apply
Please submit your application containing motivation letter (1 page), demonstrating why you qualify for the position, together with your current CV (with maximum 3 pages) and names of three traceable referees, one of whom should be your most current supervisor, to RUMA Consult in one PDF file via;
Note: RUMA Consult and KNH appreciate all candidates. However, due to expected high response, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Do not send or attach your academic papers/certificates. They will be asked for from those who will make it to the next steps.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.