Senior Clinician at SolidMinds Counceling Clinic Ltd: (Deadline 4 February 2022)
Senior Clinician: Student mental health and wellbeing – Capacity Building
Solid Minds is a private, independent outpatient mental health clinic located in Kigali, Rwanda licensed by the Ministry of Health. We provide excellent, evidence-based psychological services to individuals, couples, families, and children. We also have employee assistance programmes, offer capacity building, consultation, training and supervision, as well as deliver student wellness programmes with universities.
We are starting a new and exciting 3-year project that will promote mental health and wellness for university students on a Scholarship Programme at a number of universities across Africa.
This programme aims to:
- Build capacity of up to 15 African-based Educational Institutions through a tailor made programme to improve awareness of mental health issues and identify students at high risk.
- Reduce stigma and increase knowledge among the student and alumni community by developing a range of online resources as well as recorded or live webinars/workshops throughout each year of the programme.
- Provide individual counselling and evidence-based interventions for up to 30 university students per year within Rwanda.
We are looking for a Senior Clinician who will be leading the capacity building strategy and championing cultural sensitivity across our team and our activities. The right person will be eager to make a difference in the lives of African students and contribute to the success of this programme.
The Senior Clinician will head up the capacity building efforts within our new programme with the goal of improving the mental health services offered by our educational partner organisations. The Senior Clinician will also participate in overall programme delivery and development to ensure that the goals are met within the given timeframe.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Capacity Building Programme
- You will Lead the capacity-building strategy with our educational partner organisations and provide capacity building trainings
- You will actively participate in programme delivery and development to ensure that the programme goals are met within the given timeframe
- You will oversee the communication with educational partner organisations in partnership with the other Senior Clinicians
- You will develop and implement a needs and strengths assessment with our partners and provide guidance and supervision as they build and/or grow programmes
- You will contribute to the development and implementation of training sessions for educational partner organisations
- You will contribute to programme reporting procedures
- You will monitor and track results and outcomes of the programme in partnership with the Monitoring & Evaluation Project Officer
- You will participate in regular team meetings and report directly to the Programme Co-Directors
- You will conduct a comprehensive review of literature on the design and implementation of university mental health programs
- You will map and expand our network of experts in the field of university mental health to get their perspectives with a critical eye
- You will support the implementation of a model to identify and manage risk in partnership with the Project Manager and under the lead of the other Senior Clinician
- You will carry a mixed caseload of up to 10 individual clients providing excellent evidence-based treatment and timely documentation
- You will research culturally sensitive measures to evaluate clinical improvement
- You will participate in peer supervision groups, as well as individual supervision sessions to reflect and build on clinical skills.
- You will facilitate reflective groups on cultural sensitivity for the clinical team
- You will facilitate or organise professional development sessions for the clinical team, including peer-led sessions
- You will potentially manage and supervise a Programme Fellow, assigning appropriate activities and duties
You will contribute to the health and growth of Solid Minds as an organisation
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree or higher in psychology or mental health related field
- Licensed counsellor or psychotherapist
- At least 10 years of experience in clinical work with supervision
- At least 5 years of mental health curriculum design, implementation, and evaluation ideally for capacity building purposes
- Experience working with African students and universities
- Experienced trainer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Ability to evaluate and manage clinical risk
- Ability and experience to conduct meetings and other job tasks via online platforms
- Sensitivity and understanding of diversity: culture, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability and sexual orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills: clear and effective communication style, emotional intelligence, cultural sensitivity, people management skills, integration management skills, group facilitation skills
- Skilled in giving and receiving feedback
- Creativity and adapting capacity building approaches to the needs and resources of the client
- Systemic approach
- Experience in supervision and working with multidisciplinary teams.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in student mental health support in universities or in educational organisations
- Experience working with vulnerable groups especially refugee and disability populations
- Trained and certified in the latest trauma interventions (e.g. EMDR, IFS, TRE, Somatic approaches, etc.)
- Experience supervising other clinicians
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or research (e.g. data collection and management)
- Additional language abilities (e.g. Swahili, Kinyarwanda, French)
- Solution oriented, self-directed and pro-active
Why Join the Team?
- Beside a competitive salary including other benefits, we also offer an excellent and flexible working atmosphere
- A supportive environment where we support our employees personal and professional growth
- 3-year contract
Please submit a letter of interest and a detailed CV here. Please be prepared to provide proof of qualifications and experience as well as at least two professional references. You must also have the authorisation to work in East Africa to apply. Should you have any inquiries, please reach out to us at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday, February 4th, 2021. Please note we will only be contacting those who will be moving to the next steps.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.