- Job-ID: V000047048
- Location: Kigali
- Assignment period: 11/01/2021 – 10/31/2022
- Field: Economic Development
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 10/17/2021
The Rwandan-German bilateral Cooperation Programme for the Promotion of Economy and Employment (Eco-Emploi), implemented by GIZ, aims at employment-intensive growth in selected economic sectors, namely wood industry, tourism & hospitality and film industry, with a special focus on digitalisation. Rwanda Polytechnic (RP) is a government institution whose mandate is to oversee the teaching and learning in Rwanda’s public Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) higher learning system. This includes training of trainers, curriculum and other content development (especially digital learning content), competency-based training and assessment delivery across the 8 Integrated Polytechnic Regional Colleges and promoting applied research and innovation. The RP Strategic Plan 2019-2024 was launched in September 2019; because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the strategic plan is currently being reviewed to align with the new realities of teaching/learning which must adopt blended learning approaches.
- Support the RP management in implementing the revised strategic plan, support the organizational development of RP and help to improve the coordination of TVET interventions of international Development Partners (DPs)
- Assist RP in implementing the strategic plan including data analytics for short, medium and long-term projections to support evidence-based decision making and planning annual action plans
- Support the digitalisation of RP’s administration and teaching & learning at RP including development of a comprehensive digital learning strategy to cope with the effects of COVID-19, Improving the integrated management information system of RP, Developing a Learning Management System
- Advise RP on the development of an infrastructure master plan as well as advise RP on DP coordination including drafting a guidelines framework on strategic TVET interventions of DPs or other stakeholders
- Advise on private sector engagement and support the creation of partnerships with special consideration of the three value chains focused on by Eco-Emploi: wood, tourism and film
- Advise on the promotion of vibrant applied research which engenders staff/student innovations and an ecosystem of entrepreneurship
- Support the planning process for a “Center for Lifelong Learning” at RP as well as the development of a communication strategy to raise the profile of RP
- Map out training and capacity building opportunities for RP staff and RP trainers as well as support RP’s general knowledge management, communication, monitoring & evaluation and reporting
- Academic background in education, public administration, management, economics or similar
- Extensive work experience in education, education management, public administration, business/organisational development or consulting and/or international cooperation; including several years at a managerial position with strategic responsibilities
- Working experience in Africa, especially in Rwanda is an advantage
- Proven experience in project management, policy development and in organisational development
- Experience in managing cooperation networks and setting up partnerships is an advantage
- Coaching or moderation experience as well as teaching experience at higher learning institutions is an advantage
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills in English
- Knowledge of French and/or German is an advantage
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Rwanda.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please note that this position is a short term position! Only candidates can be considered who had already a minimum of 1 year contract as a development worker according to the Entwicklungshelfergesetz (EhfG).
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about on-site employment – Feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.