Social Scientist – Rwanda at World Agroforestry (ICRAF): (Deadline 1 July 2024)
Work as an integral part of a team that includes the country representative, project global leader and the global policy lead in working with regional and global fora (principally the Convention on Biodiversity) to disseminate and utilize the findings and new ideas of the project in order to strengthen the implementation of the UN Decade on Restoration and the post 2020 CBD strategy,
- Lead and coordinate policy engagement activities related to biodiversity.
- In consultation with the Country lead, manage a strong team to support Government of Rwanda efforts to mainstream Biodiversity. This task will build on the finance and policy teams identified in the first phase of the project, additionally orienting efforts towards the support of Rwanda’s COVID-19 recovery strategy and capitalizing on Rwanda’s pioneering efforts in using digital technology for communications and decision-making.
- Collaborate with staff of REMA and RAB to design capacity building activities for the implementation of the NBSAP with particular focus on NBSAP activities contributing to the UN Decade on Restoration.
- Lead and design knowledge products to build the awareness of stakeholders on the benefits of Trees on Farms/Agroforestry for green growth strategies.
- In close collaboration with economist lead, design and coordinate tree planting and FMNR contracts with communities.
- Lead and Contribute to scientific publications that demonstrate scientifically rigorous, reproducible, inclusive and robust evidence for the benefits of trees on farms for ecosystem restoration and biodiversity conservation.
- Assessing opportunities and defining the Approach for scaling up project activities to make an impact to improve livelihood of small holder farmers;
- In consultation with the country lead, Implement strategies for country level stakeholder engagement in project activities and manage a variety of stakeholders including local authorities and their expectations through consistent communications.
- Responsible for planning and managing of stakeholder budget allocation for project activities in Rwanda.
- Contribute to CIFOR- ICRAF Rwanda led deliverables linked to communication.
- In Collaboration with Country Representative, monitors CIFOR – ICRAF Rwanda progress in delivery of tasks.
- Supervision of long-term consultancies (5), undergraduate and MSc students (4) of projects in Rwanda, 5 field technicians working on different ICRAF projects in Rwanda and guide technicians in extension materials development.
- In collaboration Country Representative, contribute to fund mobilisation/ fundraising and meeting donors for improving relationship between CIFOR -ICRAF and donors.
- Expanding ICRAF network for increasing the visibility of CIFOR -ICRAF.
- Lead, identify and mitigate potential risks within the work area.
- Masters in Biodiversity with relevant professional experience of up to 6 years in Conservation and Natural Resources Management.
- Strong experience in agricultural landscape biodiversity.
- Knowledge of agroforestry especially in Rwanda.
- Knowledge of and experience of working with Rwanda government institutions especially REMA, RAB and Ministry of environment, Vi agroforestry and University of Rwanda.
- Experience of working on at least one major donor-funded project in Rwanda which included engagement with a range of stakeholders like Trees for Food Security and Regreening Africa.
- Knowledge of Rwanda donor operations.
- Have skill for donor’s negotiation.
- Understanding of the UN Convention on Biodiversity.
- Highly developed analyticalskills.
- HighlydevelopedskillsinwrittenandverbalcommunicationinEnglish.Shouldhaveprovenabilityto prepare and present logical and succinct writtenreports.
- Very good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to travel internationally forassignments.
- Strong attention todetail.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.