Society of American Archivists 2022 Mosaic Scholarship for International Students: (Deadline 28 February 2022)
The Mosaic Scholarship provides financial and mentoring support to students of color pursuing graduate education in archival science, encourages students to pursue a career as an archivist, and promotes the diversification of the American archives profession. The award is given to applicants who demonstrate excellent potential for scholastic and personal achievement and who manifest a commitment both to the archives profession and to advancing diversity concerns within it. Established by the SAA Council in August 2008 to advance SAA’s Diversity Strategic Priority.
About Society of American Archivists
The Society of American Archivists is the oldest and largest archivist association in North America, serving the educational and informational needs of more than 5,000 individual archivist and institutional members. Established in 1936, the organization serves upwards of 6,200 individual and member institutions. The Society supports its members and the archival profession through strong publication and professional workshop programs and semi-annual meetings. Currently, workshops are given all across the United States and attend to current
- Type Postgraduate
- Organization Society of American Archivists
- Country to study–
- School to study–
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline February 28, 2022
Aim and Benefits of Mosaic Scholarship
- As the SAA and SAA Foundation budgets permit, up to two scholarships of $5,000 each.
- Each scholarship recipient receives a one-year complimentary membership in the Society of American Archivists and complimentary registration to the Society’s Annual Meeting for the year in which the scholarship is received
Requirements for Mosaic Scholarship Qualification
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
- Must be of American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Middle Eastern/North African, or Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander descent.
- Must be currently enrolled in a graduate program or a multi-course program in archival administration, or have applied to such a program for the next academic year. (The graduate program must offer at least three courses in archival science or be listed in the current SAA Directory of Archival Education. If the program is not listed in the SAA Directory of Archival Education, the applicant must provide proof of the three-course standard by submitting copies of course descriptions from the institution’s current course catalog.)
- Shall have completed no more than half of the credit requirements toward her/his graduate degree at the time of award (i.e., June 1).
- Must be enrolled in a graduate program and begin school no later than September 1 or the fall semester/quarter immediately following the award. Otherwise the award will be rescinded.
- May have full-time or part-time status.
- Must submit a 500-word report to the SAA Council upon completion of the second semester.
Documents Required for Application
- A cover letter stating interest in the scholarship and how the applicant meets eligibility requirements.
- Official transcripts from the applicant’s most recent academic program. NOTE: Allow enough time to get transcripts by application deadline.
- Essay of not more than 500 words outlining the applicant’s interest in the archives profession as well as how they would advance diversity concerns within it.
- Two letters of recommendation.
NOTE: notify your references ahead of time. Your references will need to upload their letters of recommendation to your online form by the application deadline
February 28, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Society of American Archivists on app.smarterselect.com to applyCLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.