Supply Chain Intern at Save the Children: (Deadline 4 May 2022)
SUPPLY CHAIN INTERN
About the Role:
The supply chain intern supports the Supply Chain department in the daily coordination of procurement activities, Pro save, including:
- Communicating with supplier, following up on key information requested for finishing supplier database
- Uploading framework agreements available and filling in key information
- Uploading products catalogue based on the current list of items and framework agreements
- Regular data verification and authentication for all platforms to ensure accuracy of data entry
- Ensure timely submission of daily and weekly progress report without failure, as the assignment is time sensitive
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor as related to Source to Pay project initiative
Supporting and interfacing between field offices and the central supply chain team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics or Procurement.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills including negotiation and relationship building
- High level of integrity/confidentiality and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- High level of computer literacy. Especially excellent MS Excel/Word skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills; Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Commitment to Save the Children’s values
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
Deadline for receiving applications is 4th May 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.