Supply Chain Officer at Federation Handicap International (HI): (Deadline 17 July 2022)
SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER
Federation Handicap International which runs its programs under its operational name “Humanity &Inclusion” (HI) is looking for a SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER.
HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE PROGRAM
Handicap International Federation (HI) Rwanda which operates under the name Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial International Organization that was founded in 1982 and operates in Rwanda since 1994. It envisages a Rwanda society that is inclusive, supportive, and respectful of the rights of vulnerable people and especially persons with disabilities. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable people, it commits itself to meet their essential needs, improving their living condition, and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. It does so by supporting the policies and initiatives of public authorities and civil society to advance the rights of vulnerable people, particularly persons with disabilities across Rwanda.
Position: Supply Chain Officer
Duration: 5 months
Specific Roles and key responsibilities
Responsibility 1: Follow up the program procurement organization at national Level
Aim: To cover the program logistical needs for materials, equipment and services
Benchmarks: compliance with supply management procedures, security of supply; quality of purchases/invitation to tender; quality of the transport of merchandise; regularity and pertinence of updates to the supplier data base, quality of the monitoring of Purchase and Service Requests; project team’s satisfaction with the management of purchases.
- Activity 1. Involving in setting procurement plan setting in collaboration with Logistics Manager and project Staffs
- Activity 2. Support Logistics Manager to analyze the local market and keep an up-to-date database of local suppliers that satisfy the mission’s criteria (quality, price, service, ethics) and needs
- Activity 3. Organize local and regional procurement process according authorized PSR received from the teams in line with HI Purchasing procedure within accountability, transparency
- Activity 4. Maintain Supply records of Purchase monitoring Chart (PMC)
- Activity 5. Organize local transportation of merchandise: choice of transport and packing, planning and monitoring of consignments, administrative and customs clearance formalities
- Activity 6. Organize any distribution of merchandise for the project’s sites
- Activity 7. Makes sure that goods and services provided comply with the request (quality, quantity, price, deadline, origin, etc.)
- Activity 8. Receives the invoice and prepare HI Payment Authorization form to be validated by the Budget Holders with attaches a copy of the Purchase and Service Request for transmission to the cashier.
- Activity 9. Follow up and maintaining the Services and Supplies Framework contract and its monitoring chart
Responsibility 2: Carrying out or ensuring correct management of warehouse or Storages dedicated to store equipment’s and items for the operation at national Level.
Aim: To provide to the operation’s team of the requested items or other technical equipment’s to run the operation and well organization storage system
Benchmarks: compliance with stock management procedures, quality and security of stock system, quality of the transport of merchandise; the availability of relevant stock, conditional maintain of Stock card, regularity and pertinence of updates to Stock Monitoring Chart, quality of the monitoring of stock distribution, the quality of stock inventory exercises, project team’s satisfaction with the management of Stock
- Activity 1. Follow up the identification of stock need in collaboration with project manager, and Logistic Manager to prepare PSR for operation kits and consumable replacement need
- Activity 2. Follow up and update the Stock cards in according receiving or releasing stock movement
- Activity 3. Update monthly stock report (SMC) base on Stock Card and transmitted to Logistic Manager
- Activity 4. Establishing staff and equipment forecasts required for loading/unloading
- Activity 5. Organize the physical management of stocks in collaboration with Logistic Manager
- Organize the periodic inventory stock take or reconciliation
- organize periodic stock controls; Stock Card and stock monitoring chart
- manage the flow of merchandise
- Activity 6. Provide the relevant information and report of stock to Project managers or relevant owner of stock.
Responsibility 3: Organize Supply Chains administrative filing system
Aim: the existence of logistic archiving for manual –computerize, for good reporting and auditing purposes
Benchmarks: Quality of filing system to track all Supply chain information for reporting and auditing purposes
- Activity 1. Managing supplies archives are handled in both of manual and computerize
- Activity 2. Providing all relevant auditing document in collaboration with Log and Finance managers
- Activity 3. Submit the relevant tools of base or functions handled regularly
Responsibility 4: Respect of HI identity, rules and policies
Aim: HI identity, ethic, rules and procedures are respected
Benchmark: HI code of conduct and ethic, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies are known, understood, applied and respected.
- Activity 1. In coordination with the Human Resources Manager and Program Manager
- Activity 2. Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected
- Activity 3. Know, understand, apply and respect HI security rules and make sure they are known, understood and applied
- Activity 4. Regular refresher trainings are organized
General: Any other duties and tasks as assigned by Rwanda mission in line with mission objectives, outcomes, implementation and strategy.
He/she will have to create and maintain an environment which prevents sexual exploitation and abuse and promotes the implementation of the code of conduct.
Required Qualification and competences
Required Professional experience
Required Education, training, and certification
Preferred knowledge and qualifications
N.B: Women are highly encouraged to apply
How to apply: The application file must include a letter of motivation addressed to the Country Manager of HI in Rwanda, accompanied by the coordinates of 3 professional references related to the position, certificates of services rendered, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of each diploma. Complete application must be submitted no later than no later than 17 July 2022 at 0:00.to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: SUPPLYCHAINOFFICER202202
Only Short-listed Candidates will be contacted. Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
About our organisation
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is a solidarity organization international committed to the rights of persons with disabilities, of people in a situation of vulnerability, and in general for human rights. Respect and the dignity of people concerned and beneficiaries of the actions and communities are at the heart of the staff and collaborators of HI, in all contexts of intervention.
Our code of conduct is a key element to the implementation of the institutional policies that set out the fundamental principles in the protection of our beneficiaries – especially the most vulnerable – against any form of abuse be of power, harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, by our own staff. These policies include, but are not limited to:
- Protection of Beneficiaries against Exploitation and Abuse Sexual
- Child Protection
- Fight against Fraud and Corruption.
All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with our code of conduct. Any violations of those policy will be treated seriously.
N.B: In respect of the law into force, persons with disabilities will be given a priority if they prove professional competences as equally as other candidates in tests and interviews.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.