Technical Advisor Job at Central Bank of Rwanda (Deadline:06 September 2021)
The Technical Advisor will be reporting to the Deputy Governor and will mainly be responsible to support the Deputy Governor’s office by providing technical advice on the Bank’s strategic projects, financial sector development, reserves management and financial services digital transformation in line with the Bank’s strategy. The position will be for one year contract renewable depending on performance of the staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate strategic projects within the Deputy Governor’s Office in consultation with the Bank’s departments and all relevant stakeholders
- Analyze and assess issues for the purposes of providing technical advice in regards to financial sector development, reserves management and financial services digital transformation in line with the Bank’s strategy
- Contribute to consultations with supervised financial institutions, where appropriate, and advising Management on optimal implementation of new legislative and regulatory initiatives
- Support Management in the review and initiation of partnerships with international supervisory and regulatory authorities to contribute efficiently to NBR’s World Class Central Bank journey
- Provide guidance on financial literacy and financial education initiatives, in consultation with the Financial Sector Development and Financial Inclusion Department as well as the Communications Department
- Monitor and provide advice towards implementation of key action points and resolutions of Committees under the Deputy Governor as per the delegation policy
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or a related area.
- Certifications such as CFA, ACCA, CPA, Project Management Profession (PMP) will be an added advantage
- The candidate should have at least 5 years of relevant experience in the financial sector and/or in a financial industry supervisory or regulatory agency
Skills and competencies
- In-depth knowledge of the local financial sector and strong understanding of international standards for the banking, micro-finance and/or insurance and pension sectors
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to interpret and review a wide range of economic and financial data and draft high-quality concise assessments
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and collaborate successfully with Senior Executives
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with discretion in a competitive environment
- An excellent command of English and Kinyarwanda (oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
: Rwanda Country-KIGALI CITY-Head Quarters
: Senior Officer
: Aug 27, 2021, 8:45:07 PM