Construction of Play Spaces designed by Children under the “Design Your Own Play Spaces (MYOP)” approach in three Districts: Deadline: 07 September 2020
Closing Date: Open until filled
Organization: Right To Play Rwanda
Duration: 2 months
Right To Play (RTP) is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease, and poverty. Established in 2000, RTP has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in 14 countries, RTP transformed the lives of more 2.35m children last year, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, RTP advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children.
RTP is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. Our programs are facilitated by more than 550 international staff and 15,800 local volunteer Coaches. To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com
Aim: construction of 6 Place Spaces designed by children in their respective schools in Bugesera, Kayonza, and Ruhango Districts. The tender is divided in 3 lots:
- LOT 1: 2 Playspaces in Ruhango
- LOT 2: 2 Playspaces in Kayonza
- LOT 3: 2 Playspaces in Bugesera
NB: Additional play spaces may be added for each LOT during contract negotiations with the selected contractor.
Background: RTP is currently implementing a 3-year (2018 – 2020) project entitled Power of Play (PoP) in Bugesera, Kayonza and Ruhango districts, with funding from The Dutch National Postcode Fund. The Power of Play empowers children with 21st Century skills such ask resilience, creativity, teamwork, entrepreneurship, independence, critical thinking, problem solving and communications skills.
The project supports schools in boosting children’s competences through involving them in making their own play, utilities, and learning objects and designing their own playgrounds. The Rwanda Country Office now invites by the present invitation to tender, sealed bids (1 original bid and 2 copies) from eligible and qualified bidders specialized in the construction of play spaces for children to construct the Place Spaces designed by children in their respective schools in Bugesera, Kayonza, and Ruhango Districts according to the specific lots.
- Bidding will be conducted through Selective Bidding and is open to qualified bidders as defined in the Bidding Documents.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from « Logistics Coordinator » of RIGHT TO PLAY Office, Telephone 0788 416 838.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be obtained by Bidders at the RIGHT TO PLAY Office located at 17, KN 16 Avenue, Kiyovu Sector, from 24th August to 4th September 2020
- Site visits are planned on 28th August 2020 at 10: 00 AM and will be conducted by RIGHT TO PLAY Representative in the respective districts.
- Bids must be delivered at RIGHT TO PLAY Office located in Kiyovu, No. 17, KN 16 Avenue, Kigali, Rwanda, before 7th September 2020 at 10 am, Electronic bidding shall not be permitted and late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at RIGHT TO PLAY Office located in Kiyovu Sector, on 07th September 2020 at 10h30 AM.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of 4,500,000 Rwf delivered by a bank or other financial institutions.
- Details of technical expertise and requirements are included in the Bidding Documents to be collected from the Right To Play Offices.
Done at Kigali on 21st August 2020
Country Director, Right To Play, Rwanda