(RFQ) for Supplying Fuel to VSF-Belgium in Rwanda under Prism Project: (Deadline: 15 March 2021)
RFQ No: VSF-B/ PR/SUP/2021/01
VSF-Belgium is an International NGO based in Belgium whose vision is Healthy Animal, Healthy Human while its mission is “to strengthen the capacities of disadvantaged, livestock dependent communities to improve their well-being”. Created in 1985, VSF-Belgium currently works in 10 African Countries and has been working in Rwanda since the year 2001 in different facets of community mobilization and development, through the implementation of various projects/programmes ranging from education, different aspects of animal health & improved animal management, agriculture, food security & livelihood, income generation & access to finance, green energy and different aspects of integrated environmental & natural resources management; across 13 districts of the country (for more information visit www.VSF-Belgium.org).
Since November 2020, VSF-Belgium is implementing a multi-actors project called PRISM (Partnership for Resilience and Inclusive for Small Stock Market) under its action titled: ‘’Support to Local Proximity Private Veterinary Services Delivery in 10 districts of Rwanda’’, namely Nyamagabe, Gisagara, Muhanga, Bugesera, Rwamagana, Gicumbi, Rulindo, Musanze, Rubavu, and Rusizi. The project is funded by Enabel (Belgian Development Agency) and is led by Rwanda Agriculture and Animal Resources Development Board (RAB).VSF-Belgium implement this project in partnership with IMBARAGA Farmer Organization in Rwanda.
Terms of reference for supply of fuel to VSF-Belgium vehicles.
VSF-Belgium Rwanda intends to select a Supplier for Gasoil and Diesel products for a period of 29 months from April 2021 to December 2023.
2.The objective of the assignment.
To provide Gasoil for VSF-Belgium’s vehicles and Diesel for its motorbikes (as well as Vehicles and motorbikes of its implementing partners IMBARAGA involved in PRISM project) with a clear charging mechanism that uses a smart card with a tag code to enable VSF-Belgium to track every single fuel consumption by any vehicle or motorbikes. This will ease the management of fuel consumption and proper logistical controls.
Therefore, VSF-Belgium in Rwanda invites by present invitation to RFQ from eligible, qualified, and authorized companies to submit their bids to the tender below:
Request for quotation number No: VSF-B/ PR/SUP/2021/01
Description of needs:
- Supply of non-exempted product (Gasoil & \diesel) with Electronic Smart Card to 4 vehicles and 3 motorbikes of VSF-Belgium in Rwanda and those of the local implementing partner IMBARAGA respectively, involved in PRISM Project.
- Execution period: 29 months, from April 2021 to December 2023
The Service providers are required to indicate the company’s profile that will provide the service and follow up on its maintenance and management. Hence the Service Provider will have the following key competencies and requirements:
i. Experience in provision of related services to reputable institutions,
ii. Well-established fueling stations across the country especially in the following districts: Huye – Nyanza -Musanze and Kigali Town.
iii. Abilityto provide smart cards with related tag code to ensure the proper management of fuel,
iv. Proven experience in maintenance of the software (smart cards) and its management,
v. Ensuring the service to remain the same throughout the contract period (declaration of warrant of the service to be provided).
vi. Make any system improvement as may be required and active & functioning refueling system (extracting vehicle refueling statement report)
vii. Provide a consumption report through the smart card database whenever required.
3.Technical Proposal to include:
i. Be in the Englishlanguage,
ii. Contain detailed cost in Rwanda Francs (FRW), with applicable Tax/Charges clearly identified, and provided against each item,
iii. Provide requested payment terms and conditions,
iv. Describe the qualifications, experience, and capabilities of the firm in providing the type of services being request by this RFQ,
v. Provide at least 3 references for similar procurements with a description of the work done.
vi. Include a contact name, email address, and telephone number to facilitate communication between VSF-BELGIUM and the vendor,
vii. Business registration certificate
viii. A list of petrol stations at their disposition and respective location in Rwanda
- Financial Proposal
- Itemized service provision fees in Rwandan Francs,
- Expected payment method,
- The validity of the offer.
The tender will be awarded to the bidder that receives the highest score as set out in the criteria below.
Compliance to specification
Having the petrol station in all strategic venues stated
Price of Items
6.Terms and conditions
- The Request for Quotes is not and shall not be considered an offer by VSF-Belgium.
- All responses must be received on or before the date and time indicated on the RFQ. All late responses will be rejected.
- All unresponsive quotes will be rejected.
- All quotes will be considered binding offers. Prices quoted must be valid for entire period provided by respondent.
- All procurement will be subject to VSF-BELGIUM contractual terms and conditions and contingent on the availability of donor funding.
- VSF-Belgium reserves the right to accept or reject any quotation or cancel the procurement process at any time, without assigning any reason, and shall have no liability to any vendors submitting RFQs for such rejection or cancellation of the procurement.
- The bidders are solely obligated to pay for all costs, of any kind whatsoever, which may be incurred by bidder or any third parties, in connection with the Response. All Responses and supporting documentation shall become the property of VSF-Belgium.
7.Questions & bid submission deadline.
- Questions regarding this request may be addressed to VSF-Belgium in Rwanda by email: [email protected] and must be received no later than March 10, 2021. Responses to questions will be distributed to all interested parties no later than 12 March 2021.
- The bid submission dossier to this RFQ should be submitted scanned, signed and stamped documents in PDF format, addressed to Rwanda Office Coordination and Great Lakes Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, and sent to the email address [email protected] clearly indicating the subject line: “ Supply of Fuel to VSF-Belgium in Rwanda under PRISM Project”, and no later than 15th March 2021 at 24:00 p.m. (Due to the COVID-19 pandemic prevention measures, only soft copies will be accepted at the email mentioned above).
Done at Kigali, on 1st March 2021
Rwanda Office Coordination and Great Lakes Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.