Supplying Vegetables Farmer Field School (FFS) Service: Deadline: 03 September 2020
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE TENDER.
PROJECT NAME: POWER PROJECT
TENDER TITLE: SUPPLYING VEGETABLES FARMER FIELD SCHOOL (FFS) SERVICE
DUHOZANYE is a non-profit making association with the primary objective of defending the
rights of widows and orphans and contributing then to sustainable development in its
operational area as a way of finding a common solution to various problems caused by the genocide.
In partnership with ActionAid Rwanda, Duhozanye organization is implementing POWER project” Promoting Opportunities for Women Economic and Rights” Funded by The Netherlands aims at contributing to increased income of women smallholder Farmers, through practicing CRSA, accessing markets and reducing, recognizing and redistributing unpaid care work. It is with this background that, Duhozanye organization invites eligible companies specialized in supplying Vegetables Farmer Field School (FFS) to bid for the above mentioned Tender. The competition is open to all local eligible companies specialized in similar field.
The vegetables FFS aims to provide a framework for the development of strong and sustainable vegetables growing among POWER project beneficiaries and the community in general lead to women sustainable economic development.
Tasks and responsibilities
The successful bidder will;
- Identify potential participants for vegetables Farmer Field Schools (FFS) in Duwane marshland
- Organize farmers into groups for establishment of vegetables FFS sites,
- Work directly with farmers and help them discover important concepts/ issues in vegetables crops farming through practical learning.
- Contribute to the development of the Business plan on vegetables promotion for the target crops in Duwane Marshland;
- Develop and organize vegetable crops based FFS site demo plots and implement its all stages up to harvest stage
- Keep close collaboration with Duhozanye/ActionAid and Gisagara Project team and implementing partners for implementation of FFS;
- Liaison and coordination with Gisagara district Agriculture Department and relevant key stakeholders working in the district;
- Ensure timely submission of FFS monthly work plan and progress reports and final;
- Develop post FFS learning dissemination plan to other farmers
Interested suppliers can obtain the terms of reference containing detailed requirements and conditions for participation through email [email protected] from 24th August, 2020 upon presentation of the banks slip of Frw 10,000 for ToR document deposited in COGEBANQUE in the names of DUHOZANYE-FLOW II PROJECT to the Account No 1390130343-26
Quotations should be submitted before the deadline of, 3rd September 2020 at 5h00 PM. Quotation should be submitted in PDF format electronically to this email: [email protected] with the subject reference: SUPPLYING VEGETABLES FFS 007/DHZ-FLOW2/2020. Any other form of submission will not be accepted.
Late quotation or portion of quotations shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
Done at Gisagara, August 24nd, 2020