(TOR) for the Supply of Consumables at Trócaire: (Deadline 23 October 2020)
Terms of Reference (TOR) for Trócaire Supplier Selection 2020-2022 – Supplier of consumables to Trócaire
BHC Building, 260 Bvd de l’Umuganda, Kacyiru, P.O. Box 2040,
Tel : (+250) 0252 502663 / (+250) 0252 502664
|Reference||Procurement Supplier list for Trócaire|
|Assignment||Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) for the supply of consumables
|Contact for clarification||Trócaire Administrator
|Release Date||12 October 2020
|Due date||23 October 2020
Trócaire is the official overseas development agency of the Catholic Church in Ireland, established in 1973 and currently has a presence in more than 17 countries in Latin America, Africa, and Asia including Rwanda. Trócaire has been operating in Rwanda since 1994 and is currently implementing a 5-year Strategic plan from 2016-2020 focused on 3 program pillars: Resource Rights, Women’s Empowerment, and Preparing and Responding to Emergencies. Trócaire does not implement programme directly. Instead, the organization works in partnership with local civil society and Catholic organizations in 7 districts in Rwanda.
In line with its Procurement and supply chain policy, Trócaire Rwanda intends to put in place an Approved Supplier list for the period 2020-2022 in Rwanda. Trócaire Rwanda is inviting qualified, reputable suppliers and service providers to submit their proposals for the supply and delivery of goods, services, and works listed below for the year: 2019-2020. The expression of interests should reflect the documentation as per the example below:
“EOI for Supply of Supply of Consumables”
Trócaire will treat the content of all submissions as strictly confidential and information provided in the proposals will be used solely for the purpose of developing a supplier list.
- Purpose and scope of the assignment
The purpose of this Request for Expression of Interest is to short-list legally registered service providers with pre-requisite qualifications to be considered for contractual purposes to handle the full range of services as listed below for the Trócaire procurement and programming needs in Rwanda.
- Categories of goods, services, and works
The supply of the following consumables:
- Powder Milk
- Coffee filter
- Toilet Paper
- Liquid Soap
- Hand Wash Soap
- Paper towel(Essui-tout) small and big
- Air Freshener
- Blue band
- Drinking chocolate
- Facial Tissue
- Documentation required for EOI
Companies submitting EOIs should submit the following:
- Company profile;
- Trade license in that field;
- VAT Registration and Tax Clearance Certificate;
- Proof of experience and evidence of financial capability;
- Payment terms and pricing structure Proof of registration with a relevant professional body (if applicable);
- Physical address of the company with map indicating directions;
- Contacts of account relationship manager(s) proposed;
- Physical address with directions;
- Service level/ lead time proposed; and
- Trade references from 3 companies.
- General Terms and Conditions
Trócaire Rwanda reserves the right to reject any and all Expressions of Interest not fulfilling requirements associated with this request. Trócaire Rwanda will in no case be responsible or liable for any and all costs associated with the preparation and submission of Expressions of Interest.
- Trócaire does not bind itself to accept the lowest priced tender;
- Trócaire reserves the right to engage other companies / consultants if required;
Trócaire shall be free to:
- To accept the whole, or part only, of any EOI;
- To accept none of the EOIs tendered;
- To republish this Request for EOIs;
- In the event of not accepting any of the EOIs received on foot of this Request for EOI, Trócaire shall be free to make such arrangements as it considers necessary in relation to the provision of the services;
- The EOI shall maintain strict confidentiality in relation to the services being sought and the evaluation process;
- Any subsequent contract shall be considered as a contract made in Rwanda, according to Rwanda law; and
- The Standard Terms and Conditions to which Trócaire expects all of its suppliers to respect is found on the Trócaire website – https://www.trocaire.org/about/work-with-trocaire/supply-chain.
- Validity of Pre-qualification
Once selected into the Trócaire database, the Supplier list shall be valid for 2 years – 2020-2022.
- Conflict of interest.
Any conflict of interest involving an applicant must be fully disclosed to Trócaire. Failure to disclose a conflict may disqualify an applicant or invalidate an award of the contract. Applicants are required to declare any current or past work which might reasonably be considered to represent a conflict of interest. It will be for Trócaire to decide if any material conflict of interest exists and applicants in doubt in this regard should seek the advice of Trócaire.
- Intellectual property
Any concepts, guidelines, or other material developed during the contract will be considered as property of Trócaire and may be used by Trócaire.
- Submission of Expression of Interests (EOI)
All interested and qualified companies should submit well typed “Expressions of interest Documents” with a clear indication of the services applied for, should be submitted by email to [email protected] with a copy to clearly indicating the services/goods in the subject heading. Demonstrable experience and Value for Money (VFM) will be key considerations in evaluating proposals submitted. Only suitably qualified companies resident in Rwanda will be considered. Any questions regarding this EOI should be directed to [email protected]
Submissions from briefcase companies will not be entertained and Trócaire will not refund any costs incurred in preparing the EOI.
12 October 2020