4 JOB POSITIONS AT MINISTRY IN CHARGE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT : ( Deadline : 04 May 2019 )
JOB AT MINISTRY IN CHARGE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT : Administrative Assistant to Permanent Secretary : ( Deadline : 04 May 2019 )
1.Managing Permanent Secretary Agenda.
Keep the diary of appointments of the Permanent Secretary.
Receive and orient visitors of the Permanent Secretary.
Prepare the Permanent Secretary Travels, missions and meetings.
2.Ensuring proper filing and orientation of documents in the office of the Permanent Secretary
Filing both electronic and hard documents in the office of the Permanent Secretary
Orient correspondences and monitor to ensure that feedback is provided.
3.Receiving official mails and Calls of the Permanent Secretary
Receiving text messages or telephone calls for the Permanent Secretary
Responding to the Permanent Secretary of the corrections documents / files before it is signed.
Typewrite texts from the Permanent Secretary.
A1 in Secretariat Studies, Office Management or A0 in Public Administration, Administrative Sciences, Management, Social work, Sociology, Law
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
– Office Management skills;
– Excellent communication, organizational
– Computer Knowledge (Work processing, Power Point and Internet)
– Analytical and Problem solving skills;
– Time Management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French knowledge of all is an advantage
JOB AT MINISTRY IN CHARGE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT : Director of Prevention and Mitigation Unit : ( Deadline : 04 May 2019 )
1. Coordinate and manage the activities of professionals under his/her supervision
• Plan, organize, implement and monitor Prevention and Mitigation activities
• Coordinate, control and orient the activities of a pool of professionals under his/her supervision,
• Develop Disaster Risk Reduction guidelines
• Develop the action Plan for the activities in the Unit
• Coordinate the development, review and evaluation of existing disaster prevention and mitigation programs, services, policies and procedures; makes recommendation when necessary to facilitate improved outcomes
• Identify capacity building gaps of the unit staff
• Supervise the implementation of planned activities
• Monitor and ensure the reporting process of activities carried out
2. Coordinate prevention and mitigation of disaster risks activities
• Supervise hazard Risk identification and assessments to enhance decision making
• Ensure linkages and concurrence between the Ministry/ Stakeholders prevention/mitigation activities with National policies and strategies
• Coordinate the development of coping mechanisms to hazard risks
• Oversee the protection and restoration of watersheds with the aim of minimizing disaster risks
• Supervise the production of detailed maps for disaster/hazards prone areas to enhance disaster information database
• Ensure coordination of prevention and mitigation capacity building at national and local level
• Enhance community disaster resilience and coping capacity
• Ensure the Ministry participation and involvement in disaster prevention and mitigation projects implemented by different stakeholders in the country and regularly update the Ministry on those projects.
3. Coordinate researches on disaster risk prevention and mitigation
• Coordinate and Conduct research, surveys and analysis to guide prevention and mitigation initiatives
• Provide technical expertise to the Ministry on DRR matters
• Provide technical advices for addressing disaster risk reduction issues
• Contribute to the development and updating of national policies, strategies, plans and other relevant documents in line with disaster risk reduction.
4. Coordinate sector institutions with the objective to ensure Disaster risk Prevention and Mitigation measures are mainstreamed in their Plans.
? Ensure coordination of partners related to Disaster Risk Prevention and Mitigation
? Ensure collaboration with other Public Institutions working on Environmental Protection and related Sectors
? To provide framework for collaboration and partnership for different stakeholders and partners in disaster risk prevention and Mitigation
Bachelor’s Degree in Disaster Management, Disaster Preparedness, Emergency and Disaster Management, Earth Sciences, Geography, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Sciences, Civil Engineering, Climate Studies & Meteorology Sciences with 3 years of relevant working experience
Masters in Disaster Risk Management, Disaster Management, Disaster Preparedness, Emergency and Disaster Management, Earth Sciences, Geography, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Sciences, and Climate Studies & Meteorology Sciences with 1 year of relevant working
Key Technical skills& Knowledge required:
Capacity to Conduct research, surveys, assessments and analysis to guide Disaster prevention and mitigation ;
– Knowledge in Mainstreaming and plan for Disaster Prevention and Mitigation;
– Knowledge in coordination, control;,
– Planning, Monitoring and supervision of operational Plans skills;
– Policy development and analysis skills;
– Climate Change adaptation skills;
– Leadership skills;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Effective communication skills;
– Administrative skills;
– Team working skills;
– Computer literate;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and /or French; knowledge of all is an advantage
JOB AT MINISTRY IN CHARGE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT : Disaster Risk Prevention and Mitigation Specialist : ( Deadline : 04 May 2019)
Coordination of all activities related to Disaster Risk Prevention and Mitigation
• Coordinate and supervise the implementation of prevention and Mitigation activities;
• Analyze and propose updates of existing policies with the view to mainstream Disaster risk prevention, mitigation and measures;
• Provide advices on general matters related to multi hazard risk assessments, modeling and mapping in the country,
• Develop adequate capacity building programs to address all spheres of disaster vulnerabilities including social, economic, physical and environmental aspects,
Coordination of all Researches on Disasters risk prevention and Mitigation
• Conduct researches on Disasters risk prevention and mitigation
• Provide advises on mitigation and prevention measures to the Ministry
• Develop annual plan for Disaster Risk Prevention and Mitigation;
• Conduct researches on Disasters and provide the remedy to the ministry
• Conduct analysis and Use of Data collected from assessment by provide advice to prevention and Mitigation of disasters Risks
Coordinate sector institutions with the objective to Disaster risk Prevention and Mitigation in their Planning
• Ensure coordination of partners related to Disaster risk Prevention and Mitigation
• Ensure collaboration and coordination with other Public Institutions working on Disaster Management
A0 in Disaster Management, Geography, Natural Resources Management, Earth Observation Sciences, Environmental Sciences, and Climate related Sciences with 3 years’ experience in relevant fields or
Masters in Disaster Risk Management, Geography, Natural Resources Management, Earth Observation Sciences, Environmental Sciences, and Climate related Sciences or other relevant fields with 1 year’ experience in relevant fields.
Key Technical skills& Knowledge required:
– Deep Knowledge and understanding weather forecasting
– Coordination and planning for the disaster prevention and Mitigation;
– Survey and research analysis skills;
– Policy development and analysis skills
– Report writing and presentation skills
– Statistics analysis capacity skills
– Leadership skills;
– Interpersonal skills
– Effective communication skills
– Administrative skills
– Team working skills
– Computer literate
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and /or French,
knowledge of all is an advantage
JOB AT MINISTRY IN CHARGE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT : Human Resource Management Specialist : ( Deadline : 04 May 2019 )
1. Oversee strategic human resource management.
• Prepare and implement the annual human resource plan to support the overall strategic aims and objectives of the institution.
• Identify, design and implement strategic human resource projects, as and when required.
3. Oversee recruitment and selection.
• Advise on recruitment process and ensure candidates fit the job requirements.
• Advise on the process of advertisement of vacancies and assess applications and interview of applicants.
• Advise on the management and orientation of new employees, process probationary reviews, new employee evaluations and terminations.
• Analyze the skills and qualities required for each particular job and provide guidelines for developing job descriptions and specifications.
3. Provide advice on staff career development.
• Coordinate capacity needs assessment process.
• Identify training /skills / competency needs within the Institution.
• Coordinate career development, succession planning and talent management needs in partnership with line management.
• Submit the skills development plan within the prescribed timeframe.
• Identify skills shortages and where there is need to improve and inform management.
• Monitor training costs against budget.
• Administer the evaluation of all learning and development activities.
5 Ensure the implementation of public services rules and regulations.
• Work closely with senior and line managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities (including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, human resource and career development, restructuring of services, performance management, human resource planning etc.), in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach to human resource management throughout the institution.
• Keep up to date with HR legal developments and advise management on compliance and risk factors.
• Manage investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters in conjunction with the Director General and the Director in charge of HR.
• Provide advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of related policies and employment legislation.
• Ensure that managers and staff are aware of the policies and procedures and able to operate them effectively.
A0 in Human resource Management, Management with specialization in Human Resource, Business Administration with Human Resource Management with 3 years of working experience or Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Management with specializations in Human resource , Business administration with specialization in Human Resource , Business administration with specialization in Human Resource Management
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Deep knowledge of Rwandan public service and labor law;
– Knowledge in Conflict Management;
– knowledge of the regulations applying to payroll procedures;
– Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures;
– Problem Solving Skills;
– Computer Skills;
– Judgment & Decision Making Skills;
– Time management Skills
– High analytical Skills;
– Team working Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage